Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bargin Basket WaveRunner Project
Picked this beast and the trailer up for $100. Needs a little work considering its a 1990 model... The guy had the carb rebuilt but never put it back on and he bought a new starter for it that needs put on as well. I found a service manual on ebay for $7 so total investment so far $107. Im going to try to get this thing back together and running. Not sure yet if I'll keep it or sell it. Id like to get a standup and im sure if i can get this thing fixed up a little i can make a little cash off of it. My folks have a 150hp kawi waverunner which makes this one look like a toy, but you cant beat it for the money. :wink:

here she is as it sits. i dunno when i'll get a chance to wrench on it but hopefully it wont take much to get it going again.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
My sister gave me one just like it with a supposed seized race motor and trailer. I tore it down and cleaned it up sprayed the motor down with oil and every thing turns fine. It looks like it injested some water. I'll be rebuilding it as well.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My sister gave me one just like it with a supposed seized race motor and trailer. I tore it down and cleaned it up sprayed the motor down with oil and every thing turns fine. It looks like it injested some water. I'll be rebuilding it as well.
i couldnt find a service model for a 1990, u happen to have one? i found one for an 89 on ebay and the parts breakdown looks the same. so im going to try it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts