Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
The elitist euro race organizers say Barber is too short for any serious international competition like MotoGP or WSBK, even thought they run on similar tracks in Europe. It would be cool if they would find some way to extend the track to eliminate those arguements. But......

·
RIPPED & BOLTON RULE !
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
agreed but post did say that they are going to extend straight aways so maybe this might give it a chance to show hell they lost the bid on teh moto gp that is being done in indiana. so they will come and run on this track just about politics and money.

·
Registered
392 Posts
One of my friends is a promoter there and he say's the IRL deal is pretty close to happening. I hope it does. :thumbsup:

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
agreed but post did say that they are going to extend straight aways so maybe this might give it a chance to show hell they lost the bid on teh moto gp that is being done in indiana. so they will come and run on this track just about politics and money.

Its more about track safety and such. Most tracks in the US are flatout dangerous and are not even made for motorcycles nor are they safe enough for them. Barber would have to do some major changes to make it safe enough for motogp and have some others have said most cater to cars anyhow.

·
Registered
392 Posts
ya but what about them getting moto gp races there next year ? why do they only do one ama race there ? not 2 or 3 ?
seems they cater more to the cars than the bikes ?
:dontknow: I can ask but I don't know if he would have answer to that. He knows about stuff coming but I would guess not to much about why they are not coming. His job is to promote what is there or may soon be there.

If I had to guess, what zx10ragentblack said plus the fact that cars in the US will still bring more people and money than bikes. I enjoy both but I see alot more people at Car events than bikes. We all know money is what drives the final decisions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts