Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any fellow members going to Barber next weekend on the 13th of October? This will be my first time at Barber and can't wait! I'm bringing my 18' ZX10R but also bringing a 2018 GSXR 1000 for a friend for his first time on track and he wants to me ride his bike so I'll be curious to compare the two beasts to each other. Curious to see if any other members will be attending?

·
Formerly CLCRACINGAaron
476 Posts
Sorry bud...I’ll be at KWS with the ZX10. Finally getting the Hindle head pipe installed and tuned.

Reactions: wheelz96

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On my bucket list. Have a great time and post a few pics when your back.
:thumbsup:
I plan on getting some good shots on and off the track! We plan on spending an extra day at the Barber facility just to see the motorcycle museum! I even bought a go-pro to get some on track footage which will be new for me.

Out of the hundreds of members who own a sportbike on this forum no one else is going to Barber???

·
Chairman of the Board
16,143 Posts
I plan on getting some good shots on and off the track! We plan on spending an extra day at the Barber facility just to see the motorcycle museum! I even bought a go-pro to get some on track footage which will be new for me.

Out of the hundreds of members who own a sportbike on this forum no one else is going to Barber???
The museum looks EPIC.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You looking to go to Jennings the Nov 3rd weekend? I may be going to that as well. Not many weekends left for the track. Barber is already sold out for intermediate and advanced! Glad I booked a while back. Any members have any advice about barber? I.E. brake early for turn 7 and stay right of bump that kinda stuff...

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would have loved to be there for Moto America! Let me ask you something. As far as spectating goes is there a decent spot to see a large portion of the track? Our wives are curious..

·
Registered
132 Posts
I would have loved to be there for Moto America! Let me ask you something. As far as spectating goes is there a decent spot to see a large portion of the track? Our wives are curious..
Yeah there is...in the trees lol. Seriously they will be in the shade most of the day if not all day. Here was some of my view from right to left of the races if it helps any.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I'm jealous! That's my home track... Stopped counting at like 10,000 miles there when I was instructing and really miss it since moving to California. The best riding years of my life were spent with the STT Southern staff back then.

Attachments

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm jealous! That's my home track... Stopped counting at like 10,000 miles there when I was instructing and really miss it since moving to California. The best riding years of my life were spent with the STT Southern staff back then.
Well I'll be bugging your old friends at STT and I'm jealous of the fact you have over 10,000 miles at such a beautiful place! Everyone at STT is so great and accommodating and it truly does feel like a family! Very excited!

·
Registered
96 Posts
I went to barber for the first time last year.
I live in Ohio. I watched you tube and studied the track map for a week.

After the 4th session, I felt comfortable.
I ride INTERMEDIATE wit STT there. They were great as always.

Watch the exiting of the track, it's tricky. That
Corner is a tigh decreasing. I'm glad they did a TEST lap with us and we all exited together.

I really liked the exit of Charlotte s web. You can go to the outside and just go around people that stay to the inside.
Of course the carousel corner...I think 2.... Is really fun, right knee on the ground forever!

Have fun, stay safe.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I went to barber for the first time last year.
I live in Ohio. I watched you tube and studied the track map for a week.

After the 4th session, I felt comfortable.
I ride INTERMEDIATE wit STT there. They were great as always.

Watch the exiting of the track, it's tricky. That
Corner is a tigh decreasing. I'm glad they did a TEST lap with us and we all exited together.

I really liked the exit of Charlotte s web. You can go to the outside and just go around people that stay to the inside.
Of course the carousel corner...I think 2.... Is really fun, right knee on the ground forever!

Have fun, stay safe.
Appreciate the feedback! Yea watching YouTube videos the carousel looks like alot of fun! I love the elevation changes too! Road Atlanta has decent elevation and I have to say it's my favorite type of track! Super stoked to run Barber and will definitely post some pics of the weekend! Thanks again man!

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
You looking to go to Jennings the Nov 3rd weekend? I may be going to that as well. Not many weekends left for the track.
I'm hoping to go that following weekendmaybe the Nov. 10th or 11th.

If I can get everything I need before the 3rd then hell I may try to go on the 3rd too.

Unfortunately we're about to get hit by a hurricane so hopefully that doesn't mess up my plans too much.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Returned home late last night from a weekend at Barber and what a weekend it was! The facility is absolutely world class! Museum is breath taking and of course the track is phenomenal! Ended up getting bumped to the advanced group and excelled as a rider immensely this weekend! Got to have a session with a racer (coach) and we traded places 6 or 7 times crossing each other up every other corner. That was the session I got the bump. Best time was a 1.40 and left a few seconds on the track still...

Pics coming soon!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
LDH, I'm looking to order a TTX for the bike and after talking with Gary Virgin from Evansville Superbike Shop who is running a gen 5 ZX10R decked out in gold, he says the front forks are actually really good on this bike and just having them sprung for my weight is still a really good setup. Would you agree with this? I had the bike setup with Thermosman with the stock setup but looking to improve more... I am getting a qoute from ESuperbike shop and they will help with setup but wondering how you feel about who to purchase through and get good support for setup? Thanks in advance..

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
The beauty of Ohlins is you don't need some suspension tuner to constantly be twiddling your knobs and making changes. 80+ engineers, CAD guys and test riders already did all of that before the bike was even on the showroom floor. As long as the proper springs are selected by the shop, you simply bolt it on the bike, set the sag and go ride. The most you will ever deviate from the standard settings is maybe a click or two in either direction. At 1:40's around BMP I would start with a click of added Compression and leave the Rebound exactly where it is out of the box.

If you think the OEM forks are good and you believe what other people tell you about them and between those 2 things you have confidence in the front end then run OEM forks. As I mentioned in another thread I don't specialize in making bikes just "good" I make them fuckin awesome.

I believe I still have a few of the TTX-GP Series 2 Gen5 shocks left which sell for hundreds less than the current Series 3 shocks. Since you are considering the option of running stock forks then you will definitely never be able to tell the discern the difference between the Series 2 and Series 3 shocks.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.