Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 08 10 and was wondering, How do you change out grips? I cannot get the bar ends off to replace the grips! My main ? is how do i remove the bar ends? Thanks

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tried that! Damn near did everything but stand on it and it would not budge! Even put a wrench on the allen wrench and nothing!

·
Registered
456 Posts
lol damn mine were easy just changed them yesterday to some pro grips. just yea take the bar ends off and an air compressor helps alot to put air under the grips and take them off easily and put the new ones on too

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My ends actually look like they are molded into the bars! Hate to put too much pressure on them

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Yeah I just repaired a 08 in our shop and it just took a breaker bar to get it loose. they are on there tight.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Mine are on very tight also. I tried an allen wrench and they did not budge. I will try a bigger wrench the next time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The bar ends have lock tight on them so you must apply a lot of pressure to get them to release. Also remember when you replace them, you must use lock tight with the new screws to keep them from vibrating loose. Applying pressure won't hurt anything, I just replace mine with some new carbon ones two days ago.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I tried a bigger wrench and they wouldn't budge, so I broke out the impact wrench and off they came. There was no loctite on mine. I put them back on with an allen wrench and some blue loctite.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
I would get a set of allen sockets if you don't already have them, definitely makes jobs like this nice when you can put a 3/8th ratchet on them.

·
Registered
180 Posts
My bar ends were tough as hell to break loose too! The glue the factory used started to drip from the inside of the left bar end....I was like what the F*** at first, then I realized what it was and wiped it up lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts