Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well im about to commit a bannable site offence . Nice talking to you all . I am trading in the new 07 ZX10 for a ZX14 on saturday. Yes the 10 is faster on the bottom and midrange . lighter and definatly a better track bike . Unfortunatly as much as i like it, being am 6-4 250lbs gym rat . and my son Is 6-8 and 280lbs we jst dont fit the bike all that well. The ZX14 mighht be 90lbs heavier but is very comfortable for everyday riding and is good enough in the handling dept to do a track day or 2 . i think ther is a zx14 site and if it is half as good as the people here ill be impressed . thanks everyone Jake

· Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you al for the understanding . I loved the zx10 but my sons wants come before mine and he just CANT do a trackday on the zx10 being 6-8 280lbs . I beleive he will actually be safer ion the zx14 even though the bike is bigger and heavier due to the fact he will be able to manuver better on the bigger chassis

· Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
Well Brought the bike home tonite . It was a 40 mile ride consisting a few twisties some suburban backroads and 30 miles of freeway . Quick comparison to the ZX10. The zx10 seems quicker off the bottom and throughout the midrange . Less power than the zx14 from a 70mph to 100mph roll on . You can feel the extra weight though the esses but it does it VERY smoothly and with the stability of a train . Going down the highway with the winds gusting at around 20-25mph again it didnt budge. You cant feel the engine vibration through the bars whatsoever coupled with great riding ergonomics . All and all Im glad I did the switch . ... WHY ? although as a sportbike it falls short to the ZX10 in most areas . Being 6-4 250(and son 6-8 and 280) its just fit so much better the little difference between the two in performance is outweighed by comfort and stability . Doint be offended by this review ... I can see the direct opposit result when a person is of the average size .. Thanks again all Jake

· Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Ronnulph thats the first thing i instilled in my sons when the learned to ride ... act as if every car is out to run you over . Falling isnt your greatest risk for death its getting hit by a car

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.