Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great article....I thought everyone would enjoy.

THANKS YSR50 FOR HELPING WITH POST.

Attachments

·
Registered
174 Posts
My father told me that back in the "olden" days they had to catch you in the act of speeding. But now they can send you a ticket in the mail if they photograph you. That is fucked up they should have to stop you or get your face while you are speeding or something more substantial than just seeing the same bike in your room and busting you.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Well the argument now is that if it wasn't you driving/riding, then you as the registered owner should know who was operating your vehicle. And thus you should turn the offender in if you don't want to deal with the violation. Photo enforcement is all over DC (District of Crap.)

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
If cameras appear everywhere, the next step will be to put some sort of transponder into vehicles to auto-tax you as you drive. That is what cops are in my area.. "Mobile Local Tax Collection Units".

·
Registered
235 Posts
And he was going to become highway patrol? That's strange huh? They're lucky he was only on a super powerful CBR1000RR crotch rocket and not the ultra mega powerful ZX10R. Reporters are clueless sometimes...

·
Registered
675 Posts
:iamwithst :iamwithst :iamwithst I read that article. Thanks for the newspost! Sounds like they did a good thing catching this dummy. He would have been a bad popo for sure. I can barely imagine what this prick would have done to all the law abiding riders out there. I guess this bozo will be filling out job apps for "Security Guards are Us" when he gets out of JAIL. Honda?? WTH was he thinking???

·
Registered
764 Posts
JLove said:
If cameras appear everywhere, the next step will be to put some sort of transponder into vehicles to auto-tax you as you drive. That is what cops are in my area.. "Mobile Local Tax Collection Units".
It's already happening. You should read the planned capabilities of OBD III. The new standards as written out by the EPA will give new cars who's engine management conforms to the new OBD III standard the ability to have wireless bidrectional capability. The idea is to have roadside monitoring stations that constantly monitor the information being reported back by OBD III cars. If the car is detected to be running out of spec, either a violation ticket is automatically issued to the registered owner's home and/or a signal is sent back to the computer to set the operation of the car into limp home mode so that you have to get the car fixed. Because the computer also monitors speed, it's not a far stretch to have automated tickets to be generated to for speeding. Some rental car companies were recently in the news where they had issued an abuse of equipment fine to renters. Apparently, the rental company equipped their fleet of cars with GPS tracking units. Not only did they find out how many miles and where the car had been, they also knew the car had exceeded speed limits. Another example of big brother watching you that is happening now, some cars have a data logger already built in. These data loggers were installed at the factory without the owners knowing. A car with that data logger is the Vette. The data logger collects data to supposedly help the manufacturer in gathering data during a crash. The fear is that many insurance companies will be after this data to help determin fault. Although many times it is cut and dry sometimes it isn't. The insurance company could see that you were speeding moments before the crash but the speeding had nothing to do with the crash as someone blew a red light.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Yeah I saw a movie in the nineties that had this black rocket racing down the road and he went through an electronic toll booth and as he was riding the motorcycle printed up the ticket from the gas tank. Fuck the gestapo they no longer serve and protect they hastle and annoy. Isn't there a crackhead somewhere killing or raping why stop me for 6mph over the ridiculous slow limit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts