Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Bad ZX10R

2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  silver_6r 
#1 ·
HELLO, this is my first post...

i have a ZX10r with ~14000km on it, and it recently started acting funny.

whenever i go full throttle past 8000rpm, it accelerates, but in a very hesitant manner. if you roll of the throttle slightly, then it picks up speed faster than at full throttle. it feels like its missing, i think it is similar to what some people experience when using a bad PCIII.

most recently while testing it for the shop i hit full throttle, it felt like crap then at ~11500 RPM it wheelied instantly and the pitch of the engine sounded much cleaner and smoother

so far my local shop has replaced the spark plugs, done a complete tune-up, checked PARTS of the FI and electrical system, repaired the exhaust valve, changed the air temp sensor (made a huge improvement). BUT the problem is there.

anybody else heard or experienced this?

i need help, i am considering trading in my 10 if this problem isnt resolved.

the only mod i have is a MICRON slip-on which has been onthe bike since 0km, this problem just started.

thanks for your help...

Rod
Vancouver, BC, CANADA

See less See more
#3 ·
a different ECU was tested... but only by the shop, not me.

the shop had originally not felt anything bad with the bike, until recently.

its been almost 3 weeks with out my bike, should Kawasaki cover the ~$600cdn i have lost this month in bike payments and insurance?

#4 ·
silver_6r said:
its been almost 3 weeks with out my bike, should Kawasaki cover the ~$600cdn i have lost this month in bike payments and insurance?
:lol: that's a good one, can't wait to give Kawi my bill for the last 3 months of "not riding" while I've been waiting for my wheel :heyyou:

#7 ·
silver_6r said:
you seriously havent been riding because of the wheel recall?

oh well... ya missed out. you have a better chance of winning the lotto then having that wheel bust on ya
I've been riding, hence the quotes around "not riding" :rolleyes:

#8 ·
Rod,
Which shop are you using? I see your from Vancouver BC and if your not using Richmond Motorsports off of Westminister Highway, give them a try. Call em and ask for Mark Krueger. Tell him Brad from down south of the border sent you (I live about five miles South of the Peace Arch) and he'll take care of ya. There shop is the best I've ever dealt with. I've bought several bikes from them and their service is top notch.
If you are already using them......I dont know what to say. Once you get your bike running right again and the rain dries up, hit me up and we can ride.

#9 ·
no offence but i will never deal with RMS EVER... being part of the local bike scene if have heard MANY horror stories about that shop. i am using a very reputable Kawasaki shop.

as far as the engine, its pulling, and the clutch is definitly not slipping, its an engine miss (fuel / electrical)

#10 ·
No shit? I've had good luck. Whats been going on with them? I've been up there several times recently, no shop work done in about a year, but back then I had no problems. Is there a local BC web site with info? I didnt buy my ZX10 from them. Im very interested in what the problems have been.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.