Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just filled up the other day on base and today during a quick lunch time ride around some back roads she bagan to act up. sputtering, as if its misfiring, during acceleration.
its coming up on 15,ooo miles soon and due some maintenance which i was going to attend to this fall. any advice other than "search"(because i already did)?
i was just going to wait another 100 miles and see what happens from there then if it persist, change the g'damn plugs:sad:. fyi, the air filter is good.
i know they gotta be replaced anyhow, i was just hoping to get one more season out of them.
speaking of plugs, what do you recommend?

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Well plugs are due every 7500. Also use the OEM plugs. They work just fine. CR9EIA-9 I believe. At 15000 I would strongly suggest getting valve clearance looked at. Also a throttle sync. Should come with the 15K service.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where you messed up is at the part where you put base gas (water) in your ride
are you shitting me? i never considered it to be cheap gas. i never had probs befoe but that doesnt mean it cant happen.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
If it just showed up out of nowhere I'd agree on that bad gas possibility. Nevertheless you better hop on that tune up.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
I know over here I don't use the base gas for my bike, I've had problems before...I use base gas for my cars and yard equip...I don't know if it's your problem or not...If you've used it before and not had problems then it is probably fine and you probably just need to change out your plugs

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know over here I don't use the base gas for my bike, I've had problems before...I use base gas for my cars and yard equip...I don't know if it's your problem or not...If you've used it before and not had problems then it is probably fine and you probably just need to change out your plugs
i'll stray away from the base gas. i never ran performance equipment on it before. it wouldnt surprise me if it were watered down or cheap considering its priced cheap.
with the money i am trying to put aside for this turbo, i was hoping to hold off until fall or spring for the 15k tune. but if she demands a tune-up now, she will get a tune up before i install the turbo.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im so hoping its bad fuel. the bike stutters during acceleration and gets more aggressive to the rate at which i accelerate. does this sound like bad fuel?

·
Registered
609 Posts
im so hoping its bad fuel. the bike stutters during acceleration and gets more aggressive to the rate at which i accelerate. does this sound like bad fuel?
Theres a easy way to find out. Just drain your tank and put in fresh gas. You can always pour it in your lawn mower or something.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Theres a easy way to find out. Just drain your tank and put in fresh gas. You can always pour it in your lawn mower or something.
considered that but i just threw seafoam in it. oh well ill have to give it a try this weekend

1 - 12 of 12 Posts