Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
814 Posts
yeah i expected that, the way he was so ginger on it yesterday after the fall. any idea how he got piled up in the crash anyway? i didnt catch it.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Another example of why the AMA needs to limit the field more. Even the "slowest" guys who qualify for a race are fast compared to us normal people, but when there are guys going 8 secs slower, around a small track like Barber especially, you're asking for trouble.

·
Registered
388 Posts
he was coming out of turn 3 on the straight before
turn 4,passing a lapped rider.They touched and both
went off in the grass,into the guard rail. Where they
touched,they were probably going about 140.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
you think tommy might pick-up supersport now that rog will likely miss the rest of the season....he picked-up points at daytona so he could still make a run for the championship with a couple of breaks...

·
Registered
958 Posts
That would be great but I think that he is going to concentrate on Superbike, espcially after the showing he had it in race two yesterday until f***ing Yates came along.

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
Thats some bad news. The Speed channel wouldn't even show the crash, I would have liked to see what happened.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Lillfool said:
That would be great but I think that he is going to concentrate on Superbike, espcially after the showing he had it in race two yesterday until f***ing Yates came along.
:+1: That was f'ing :bs: I watched that race with a bunch of "suki" riders and called them all out on that shit. Hell, is Yates now the third Yoshi factory rider, seemed like it?

·
Banned
814 Posts
Bonz, they've had 3 riders for a long while.

Mat Mladin, Aaron Yates, and Jamie Hacking until '02 (as i recall?)

then Mat, Aaron, and Ben.

i'm a Yates fan generally, but fuck Yates. its the passing riders responsibility to make a clean pass.. he didnt have a clean pass to make and he knew it.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Andy said:
Thats some bad news. The Speed channel wouldn't even show the crash, I would have liked to see what happened.
You didn't see it because Speed Channel sucks. They have no clue how to cover a motorcycle racing event. I've got this:fu2: for Speed!

Oh - and go back and watch the Yates/Hayden thing again - Tommy knew he was there and didn't protect the inside. Yates made a bad decision but so did Hayden - call it a racing incident. I want to know why Tommy just about stopped afterwards when Yates went on to finish 4th?

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
That was a break - I've been watching Yates a long time and yes, he has pulled some seriously dumbass moves, Laguna being the worst of them. You think Yates is the worst offender of 'bad decisions' on the racetrack though? I don't even think he's the worst currently riding! DiSalvo gets my vote for that particular honor.

Don't let the past color your judgement of this particular incident. Watch it again and you will see - Tommy should have protected the inside, he knew Aaron was there. In fact, if you watch a few laps prior and then up to the incident, you'll see Tommy actually takes a WIDER entry line than normal! Why? He knew Yates was coming on the inside and was going to square him up. Yates started entry too early and that in combo with Tommy not protecting himself caused the run-in. You can't blame Yates 100% for this - more like a 50/50 deal. IOW a racing incident.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts