Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here goes I have a friend who is an awesome guy. We are both in the Army in the same unit. While on Deployment we talked about bikes and what not and long story short he bought an 09 ZX6R. It is an awesome bike. We did some mods to it and at 337 miles he dumped it at 90mph. He was fine the bike needed some help. We fixed it up it took some time and allot of money. Then today, he finally got to go to the MSF course (it is required by the Military) while in the course he dropped his bike again. He is a great guy and I just feel bad for him. He loves to ride too. Just thought I would share that

·
Green Hippie
17,566 Posts
hope his luck gets better,I take it he did'nt pass the course:dontknow:

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No he still passed, but the used him as an example to show everyone how to pick up their bike in the event of a tip over.

·
Green Hippie
17,566 Posts
No he still passed, but the used him as an example to show everyone how to pick up their bike in the event of a tip over.
wow that would be a kick in the dangly bits. Poor guy must have felt like a tool:headshake

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was not there but I am sure it was more than a little depressing. We all go down it is the nature of the beast, but he does at all the worst times

·
Green Hippie
17,566 Posts
nothing like performing for an audience,usually along with a' hey yall watch this'. Tell him not to feel too bad we've all had it happen to us in one way or another.

·
Registered
844 Posts
well,my opinion is - just because you like to ride does'nt mean that you are capable ! one more dump and i would talk him into sell'n before he kills his self or someone else.eliminate the problem before it becomes a problem-good luck to you and you friend.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
He takes it all in stride too, he never tries to blame anything. He listens when you give him advice. He is getting it now though.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
First time riders should take the MSF course at a local college because most are only $25 and supply the bikes, I know you guys probably don't have that availability but if anyone does I'd take advantage of it.

·
Registered
279 Posts
It definitely happens i was showing a new rider how to do a low speed U turn and dropped mine, luckily I had frame sliders butas long as hes okay he will be fine. Sometimes we gotta check our ego at the door and ride slow til we get proper technique

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It definitely happens i was showing a new rider how to do a low speed U turn and dropped mine, luckily I had frame sliders butas long as hes okay he will be fine. Sometimes we gotta check our ego at the door and ride slow til we get proper technique
I don't think he has an ego problem. But I will say that today when he dropped it, it was raining

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
well,my opinion is - just because you like to ride does'nt mean that you are capable ! one more dump and i would talk him into sell'n before he kills his self or someone else.eliminate the problem before it becomes a problem-good luck to you and you friend.
i agree 100%, replace the words bad luck with bad skill. I love fighter jets, but because im an f-ing retard i would never give anything like that a shot. It doesnt mean that he can never be a good rider, but some people have the motor skills to jump on a given bike and just go with it, others need to start at the very bottom and work their way up from there.

·
aka kwakrider
412 Posts
i gatta tell ya dont worry about this guy , i read this thread and still laughing,heres why ,i was out riding my 87 1000r 550lb+ bike alll morn and stoped at the gas station and as soon as i got stoped at the pump i fell over ,yah at the crowded gas station,i dont know who was more red me or the bike,theres a few more stories but why relive it but i still laugh when i hear of stuff like this.at 90mph might be a problem all my spills were under 5.:lol:

·
Registered
312 Posts
The people that had the most problems in my MSF course were the sport bike guys and the "look at me" stretched out chopper guys. I know some that had to come back found someone that had an old Honda Rebel or something that they could borrow to pass on. I swallowed my pride to learn in an open field before I took the MSF so I wouldn't have any problems. This guy just sounds like he has crappy luck.:headshake

·
Team Green Baby!
2014 MV Agusta F3 675
1,519 Posts
He takes it all in stride too, he never tries to blame anything. He listens when you give him advice. He is getting it now though.
He has the right mindset getting into the sport of motorcycle riding and that's what makes someone good at what they do. Passion! Among other things. And not being a poser/squid who just wants to show off and such. He is learning the hard the way at times but I have a feeling he will be a great rider in no time!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts