Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK...
So after reading pages and pages of crappy fuel pumps and such I decided to look into mine and see whether there is gunk or something in there.
I got the pump stripped down and found some... not much... but some particles and sand in the bottom of the pump, cleaned it all out and went to put it back in.
Now for some reason eve though I read all of the instructions 4 times I managed to hook the wires on backwards to the pump. Put it back on and went to crank it up... of course pump wouldn't even prime and the fuel light was flashing...
Pump just made a weird noise that didn't sound natural to it.
The next day I pulled it back out and swapped the wires on right.
Put it back in... bike fired right up like the day I got it.
!!!BUT!!! Now the fuel light DOES NOT come on at all.
I can run the tank dry... and the light never comes on...
Does anybody know what could cause this or what would fix it...
I know ppl hate the fuel light on track but since I just ride on the street I would much prefer the old fuel light to tell me I have 1 gallon left.
Please help me as this is pissing me off :):angryfire
Thank you kindly

Vic

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
You may have broken the connection thats encapsulated in the bottom of the fuel pump base plate when you tightened up the 7mm nuts , if you get a bit zesty with tightening the nut you can spin the threaded part and break the wire connection inside.

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
Just for reference the wire with the small white sleeve on the end goes to the furthest connection from the pump ( to the right).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts