Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some 32 year old guy in my area got killed on his motorcycle yesterday...not by the crash, but by the lightning that struck him before the crash...

How friggin unlucky can a guy be? Messed up...Apparently it wasn't even raining or anything...lightning just came down and took him out...

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
That is terrible! Just goes to show you that you never know when you could go.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
wow maybe it was gods way of putting out of the pain. of gods way of messin w death who knows.

·
Registered
343 Posts

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Its amazing how things happen.

Last year we had a big storm come through. A lady was driving around 45-50mph and a pinetree fell and landed on top of her car right at the drivers door. Luckily she wasnt hurt too bad but the timing was amazing.

RIP

·
Registered
625 Posts
6500000000 people in the world, is it really that surprising that this happened too one of them? Rofl... god, yeah right... guess that 300000 people in the tsunami must have pissed off god too right?

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
You did notice this thread was about a lost rider didnt you? Show a little respect and dont start a religious bashing thread.

·
Registered
625 Posts
You did notice this thread was about a lost rider didnt you? Show a little respect and dont start a religious bashing thread.
Whos bashing religion? Just saying its silly to think that every "strange" death or natural disaster has something to do with God.

And yes, my regards go to his family and all that good stuff, death is as part a life as birth so im sorry if its not such a touchy subject for me.

·
Registered
736 Posts
6500000000 people in the world, is it really that surprising that this happened too one of them? Rofl... god, yeah right... guess that 300000 people in the tsunami must have pissed off god too right?

Don't be an .:asshole:

It's not a touchy subject for me either, but have a little more respect and a little more class...I know you have it in you friend

·
Registered
625 Posts
Don't be an .:asshole:

It's not a touchy subject for me either, but have a little more respect and a little more class...I know you have it in you friend
Ok, im sorry guys really. I really should have more respect and class, next time I hear about anybody dying ill throw it up all over the internet forums so we all can talk about how crazy of a death it was and bash others for not taking it seriously.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Whos bashing religion? Just saying its silly to think that every "strange" death or natural disaster has something to do with God.

And yes, my regards go to his family and all that good stuff, death is as part a life as birth so im sorry if its not such a touchy subject for me.

:+1: Touchy or not this thread is about the strange way someone died not necessarily a lost rider, the poor fella could of been walking when lightning struck. Someone mentioned something about class, this forum like all caters to the squid in all of us.And thats okay,freedom of speech right people? We should all be happy we live in a part of the world were we can ride bikes at all. :headshake

·
Registered
168 Posts
I see it this way if he left his house 1 second early or 1 second late he wouldnt have got hit I thought you have to be grounded to get hurt by lightning I guess I was wrong

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
:+1: I've never been one to blame God for things like that either.

He was in the wrong place at the wrong time. I feel sorry for his family, a freak death like that is probablly that much more difficult to bare.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
I see it this way if he left his house 1 second early or 1 second late he wouldnt have got hit I thought you have to be grounded to get hurt by lightning I guess I was wrong
Bikes have spinning parts and are made of aluminum, not a good place to be in lightning.

I think the movement can help attract it too, creating friction by cutting through the air :dontknow:

I don't think we get actual "dry" lightning down here, probably due to humidity but that is a bitch. Ours tends to come with storm clouds.

Convertible cars are a bad place to be in around lightning too BTW.

Top Gear did the lightning strike with guy in a (hardtop) vw golf- they had to do it in Germany.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts