Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the 1/4 mile and broke my chain... the chain went up , broke all the tail , fender, chain protector and make a lots of marks in the swing arm. lucky that the ZX-10R have chain protector that protect water pump and the engine block. all happen in the first run. :dontknow:

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
sucks to hear, but at least it did not take out the engine case or your leg.

I learned how bad throwing a chain sucks back in my dirtbike days.

Was it a stock chain? if not, Riveted or clip type link.
For that matter did it break at the master-link?

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
WOW. I had a trackday ruined last week by a bunch of asshats (14 of them) who crashed in nearly every session, preventing me from getting more than ONE clean session in. After hearing about this, I have nothin' to bitch about. I hope the repairs don't keep you off the track too long.

·
Registered
111 Posts
THat's got to put a damper on ya day first run and your all done..

Hope to see it up and running soon

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
12oclockzx10 said:
I just busted mine tonight and the motor spewed oil everywhere am i screwed or did the same thing happen to you also?
Are you guys using master link clips and not rivet connections on your chain?

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
12oclockzx10 said:
mine was riveted
just was asking because I saw a guy who races many drag races a lot(England Racing, out of modesto i think) but he used clip type on his busa so he can change out chains and spockets easy, this was a test and tune day. Well, he lost his chain on the first run and took a good chunk of his platics off and his day was ruined. :badteeth:

·
MIA Ex-Mod
3,051 Posts
12oclockzx10 said:
I just busted mine tonight and the motor spewed oil everywhere am i screwed or did the same thing happen to you also?

If you have a good alum. welder around there it more than likely can be fixed. If you got some pics post them up in a thread or PM me and I'll send you my email. Depending on the location and extent of the damage, we can most likely fix it. I am about 3-4 hrs away from you.

Tread

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
12oclockzx10 said:
]

not oil at all! just broken plastic. is good to know you are ok my friend

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the one that I broke had rivet connections now I use a master link clips , I believe work better

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
PuertoRicoZX10 said:
the one that I broke had rivet connections now I use a master link clips , I believe work better
In what way...better than Rivet type?

Clips can go on that look like they are seated right but a rivet you can actually see a good flare if installed/pressed right. Now maybe there are bad rivet master links out there(to soft of metal on the tips:dontknow:) but in my 25yrs of riding I lost only one chain on the road.

It was a master link with a clip type. :badteeth:

Btw...the guy at the dragstip that races all the time never argued with me for questioning him for not doing a Rivet type...I think he knew what happened and why.:wink:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts