Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It really does matter where you get a custom map done. Let me tell you my experience. A few weeks back I dropped my 04 10r off at a Kawi dealer in indianapolis for a custom map. When I came back to pick it up I was given a graph with two pulls on it. One side of the graph said MPH and the other side said HP. I asked what was the baseline it started with? I asked why the two lines were completely straight and never hit the rev limiter? And the answer was that the guy who did the custom map was off and wouldn't be back for a few days. So I rode it home to find out that it felt like it had loss some mid-range power. Not a good feeling and definately irritating me more. Then 2 days later I receive an envelope in the mail from the dealer only to find the same graph except that the MPH was removed and RPM installed on the graph. Nothing about baseline, nothing about torque, nothing about nothing, and to top it off my 10r felt slower. So I grabbed the phone to tell them what I thought then realized what did it matter, they're clueless. So instead I called up Ryan Schnitz and scheduled an appointment to have it done right. The 1st thing he noticed by looking at the exhaust was that it was running rich. Well 2 to 2 1/2 hours later she was all done. Final tally was 154.4 HP and 78 to 79 on the torque (if I remember correctly). The 10r now is alot crisper and is running better then it ever has. It really does matter to investigate who is better (more experienced - qualified) and not use the closest dyno to you. Thanks to Ryan for all his help. Also thanks for making my step-daughter's day. She can't shutup having getting your pics and autograph. As for me I can't shutup about how good the 10r is running. Thanks Ryan, for everything.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Your first experience sounds a lot like mine, you didn't take it to Koups Cycle shop did you? Can't see where your located though. Clueless people suck. My experience was just about the same and dude was overheating my bike so I told him to put it back where it was and I'll be on my way. :headshake

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No it wasn't Koups. It was Indy Cycle & Ski in indianapolis, Indiana. They are a kawasaki dealer but I'd never go back and wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

Yea Ryans got a good setup. Fans blowing on the radiator & exhaust can making sure nothing overheats.

By the way, the baseline that Ryan started with was 149hp.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
:+1:

thats why i went to Ivan and just had him do everything, it was done right, the first time.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Ryan is a great guy he tuned mine beginning of this year. In the spring I will be making another trip down just to have him double check the map for the season

1 - 6 of 6 Posts