Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to be commuting alot more on the bike to and from school a few days during the week. Its a 30 mile commute 1 way. I need something that I can fit say 2 books, typical stuff like keys, wallet, cell phone, MP3, and pens. Nothing huge, but also be able to hold my helmet while im on campus. Carrying the helmet around gets tiring and I feel like a Squid doing that. I was looking at some bags on Kneedraggers. Saw this one which I think is cool because of the aerodynamics of it...but not sure..

http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/OGIO_No_Drag_Backpack--609537.html

Saw this one too. Pretty simple and looks functional...

http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/TourMaster_Cortech_Backpack--58-TM05-1.html

Anyone have any experience with backpacks and can give some helpful suggestions?

Thanks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have the Ogio No Drag, and I really like it. No loose stuff flapping around, the zippers are all tucked in the back of the pack. Separate audio pocket, and it has a helmet bag, so when you're off your bike, you can tie all your stuff together. Storage capacity is pretty good too.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have the Joe Rocket Blaster back pack and its awesome.. got compartments insdie it for all that keys, mp3 player, cell phone pocket, helmet compartment... .LOVE IT.....

·
Mythical Mod of Yore
4,465 Posts
this is what I use and have been using forever...works like a charm...serves double duty...can carry all my gear for the day to day grind including my laptop and on the ride home from the office after it's warmed up I can stuff my under armor cold gear top, bottom, my A* thermal liner, office shoes, a book and pieces of my coworkers who mouthed off to me in it as well...and there's the benefit of having the hydration bladder on warm days and long rides (it's removable)

It carries a 3L hydration pack and has 9L worth of storage space. Helmet straps on the outside. Can be used for other stuff too like hiking.

Camelbak M.U.L.E.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Why don't you go for a nice tank bag or tail bag? they are cheap enough and as far as the helmet, just hook it on the hooks under the passenger seat and its locked in there.:idea:

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Why don't you go for a nice tank bag or tail bag? they are cheap enough and as far as the helmet, just hook it on the hooks under the passenger seat and its locked in there.:idea:

A) I live in NYC.

B) I live in NYC.

C) I dont feel comfortable leaving a helmet I paid close to $700 for, hooked on the bike.

D) A + B + C = No Way Jose. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
87 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
icon makes a pretty cool tank bag that fit my lap-top, 2 normal size books, 3 subject notepad and small items in the outside pockets, plus had a small strap/hanger underneath that would hold my helmet. used it all 5 years of college

·
Registered
719 Posts
A) I live in NYC.

B) I live in NYC.

C) I dont feel comfortable leaving a helmet I paid close to $700 for, hooked on the bike.

D) A + B + C = No Way Jose. :thumbsup:

... Well, la di fricken da!... I live in Fargo, North Dakota so,

A- there is less than 200k people in this town, if someone stole my helmet i
i could maybe find em:dontknow:

B- there is less than 800k people in this state, and its a pretty big state

C- There is not much traffic so I can go real fast but most roads are straight
and flat. But Minnesota and the lakes are right next door and they have
fun roads and nice scenery.

D- A+B+C= Looks like we're on opposite ends of the spectrum bub:wink:

·
Judge Dredd Mod
9,188 Posts