Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 zx-10r, I have 2 bros. slip on exhaust and PCIII with the premade map for that exhaust. I recently put a gutted cat on in place of the original cat and now on decel in the 2000-3000 rpm range i get an occasional backfire that shoots flames and is one loud pop. I'm assuming I am running rich in this rpm range at 0-2% throttle, So I tried adjusting those cells via the power commander and I subtracted about 2-3 from each and it still does it. I was told also to run a premade map for a full dual exhaust, tried it and still backfires. Anyone know what I can do to eliminate this backfiring? I'm hesitant to keep subtracting from those cells because I don't want to run to lean and ruin any internals... thanks for the advice

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,390 Posts
This is typical of after market systems. I would stop screwing with the map and put it back to the original settings if you can't get a custom tune on it. You need to get rid of the AIS (air injection system). Buy some block-off plates or cap the hoses on the valve cover and remove the valving and hoses. Plenty of how-to threads on here if you search for 'AIS' or 'smog removal'.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alright thank you, the map is currently at the premade one for the slip on exhaust, I will try this AIS removal soon

·
Registered
69 Posts
The AIS will certainly help remove some if not all of the popping.

Definitely do not make changes to a map if you aren't monitoring the a/f, even though small changes are relatively insignificant it's still better to be safe rather than sorry.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I can just get the smog block off plates put those in and then cap the 5/8 line?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts