Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:beer:well i went back lowered and strapped,i thought this was going to be easy but it wasnt.my primary problem was of course the 60' but it wouldnt stop comming off the ground even in the top of second it would raise up at around 10k,first gear duplicated the same results at the top of the tach.lm equally annoyed with the ign module bec it stopped giving me over rev on my second pass!(wtf!?).i didnt expect to be as fast as a pro but it was only my second time at the strip and first strapped and lowered.my best time was
60'. 1.82
1/8 6.54
mph 119.7
best 60' was 1.72 but it wheelied real bad at the top of first and went 6.6?
04 full system etc.... 16/39 195 suited
back to the drawing board

·
Registered
318 Posts
Seat time is the best to get the 60/330'd down. You may want to get a 38T for the back to chill it out a bit and give a little more wheelbase...

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats as pretty good idea i plan on gettin a bunch of sprockets to optimize.drag isnt my thing in general but id like to know what me and my bike are capable of.ideally id want to go 6.0s at 125 but i seem to have a long way to go.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
also my low fule light was on so if the cpu goes into a reserve mode(lean) i was losing a few ponies.ill make sure i have fuel for next time it will help keep her down too.

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
also my low fule light was on so if the cpu goes into a reserve mode(lean) i was losing a few ponies.ill make sure i have fuel for next time it will help keep her down too.

holy crap!. I didn't know that about the cpu going into lean mode. I hope you find the right combo for your bike.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
the CPU DOESNT send the bike into a lean mode at all..... you have 1.5 gallons in the tank when the light comes on so you have more then enough gas to go WOT a few times....

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
as far as "lean mode" its justa theory.i forgot what bike model does it but my tuner has it datalogged.i thing i will need the fuel just for the added weight since it wheelies at the top of 1 and 2.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
the CPU DOESNT send the bike into a lean mode at all..... you have 1.5 gallons in the tank when the light comes on so you have more then enough gas to go WOT a few times....
:+1:

I would run full tank in hoping to keep the front down but to be honest with my weight I don't need to add any:headshake:lol:, have ran many times on the track starting out with the fuel light on not a problem for times or anthing else.

When it comes to SWB on this bike it's down to practice the extra fuel I don't think will help much it can launch in the Air even extended some if your not careful. :badteeth:

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ill take any help i can get bluedevil.everybody is flaming me for the low fuel thing.i didnt feel a diff when the light comes on but my tuner has a bike on his data logger that goes a lil lean when the light comes on,so maybe it might or might not either way those were my numbers.i hope next week will be better.ill keep you guys posted

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
ill take any help i can get bluedevil.everybody is flaming me for the low fuel thing.i didnt feel a diff when the light comes on but my tuner has a bike on his data logger that goes a lil lean when the light comes on,so maybe it might or might not either way those were my numbers.i hope next week will be better.ill keep you guys posted
I'm not knocking you or flaming you are faster than what I have done in the 1/8th(stock) but at the same time way slower in the 60 :dontknow: what I do back here in the west coast so that's weird :dontknow: what's your Mods?

As far as the light you still got almost a gallon of fuel and the light only clicks on to show you an Indication how much you may have but no indication to the ECU just the visual to the Instrument Cluster.....so you may need to get a NEW tuner that knows what he is doing on a 10R :idea::helmet:

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well my tuner stated that its possible just because another bike i believe it was a busa that goes like .2 a/f when crusing when the tank is low thats all.i wont put my tuner out there but he is a forum member down here in florida and trust me he has built the fastest zx10 around:wink:.my mods are lowered strapped bmc,full arata,short stacks,head work w sprinigs,intake cam,thin hg,pc,ign mod(which gives me the over rev when it wants),quick shifter.16/39.i have a dynatek arc-2 cdi box i will try out this friday at the track so ill keep people posted on that

·
Registered
318 Posts
well my tuner stated that its possible just because another bike i believe it was a busa that goes like .2 a/f when crusing when the tank is low thats all.i wont put my tuner out there but he is a forum member down here in florida and trust me he has built the fastest zx10 around:wink:
I am not busting on him but he is incorrect if he is refering to a Busa. I have my own LM1/XD16 setup on y 1397cc Busa and data log every run for rpm/gear/AFR.

The fastest 10R is tuned (and built) by Ace Performance and Sal Spatafora.

I know of a stroker 10R that came from a tuner that is on here but i believe that motor had to go up north to someone to get it right since it had issues.

Do you got to Moroso / County Line / Bradenton or OSW? There is a big bike bash at OSW April 27th...

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
naw i went to countyline since moroso is a hike :wink:trust me i know who built the fastest zx-10 around,at least top speed.where is osw?,maybe ill be there to embarress myself

·
Registered
318 Posts
naw i went to countyline since moroso is a hike :wink:trust me i know who built the fastest zx-10 around,at least top speed.where is osw?,maybe ill be there to embarress myself
Olando Speed World.

I know a few people that race all three tracks pretty regular. Lil Mike and Blur are both VERY quick...

You won't embarass yourself - we all just rookies that do it for fun...:thumbsup:

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
yeah Sal does know his stuff, I think the busa's are a bit different then the 10rs though, I have been running a wideband on my bike for a long time and have done numerous top speed runs with the air fuel still perfect with the fuel light on.... I think I'll have something to shatter the maxton mile record for the zx10r class anyways soon... I hope.... also that 10r gets whooped up on my stock ride height 1000's from what I hear lol.....

Nukedog... you referring to franks 1137? yeah I wish I could have finished buttoning her up but unfortunately my X-boss was a lazy ass and never got shit done or shit done right anyways so I had to leave West Palm for Orlando and left the bike in the hands of the shop owner..... would figure a guy who has been working on bikes for so long could put something together right or finish something..... just like the 20 grand my step father paid him to build a turbo busa with 300 tire and using shit like home depot hoses for high pressure fuel lines..... way to cheap out.... really get irrated with that shop....

by the way I'll feel free to bash TWO BOYZ RACING as much as I want, James is a dick and works over alot of people.....

but anyways.... nukedog I'ma be up in jacksonville in about 4 months so we'll have to meet up or something!!!

1 - 20 of 114 Posts