formerly GHOST RIDER
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe a dumb question but here it is:
Why does the back tire ware out 3 times faster then the front??:dontknow:

·
Registered
364 Posts
It carries the weight under hard acceleration, bends and conforms more (at least in street riding), and is almost always imperceptibly slipping and spinning under a heavy throttle hand like myself...Squares them off in a hurry.

I do 2 rears to a front.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
about 4-5 rears for every front for me

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
incorrect tire psi can also affect tire WEAR. :wink:

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
hillcountry10r said:
WEAR. :wink:

I was expecting to see that. I usually get 2 for 1.

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
I'm waiting for my second rear to come in the mail, But the front has a lot of meat left. The sport attack only lasted 3000 miles, but i really like the tire and will stick to it.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Last set of tires were powers. I would not have trusted my front after a bit over 4000 miles when I changed them. Front was very close to the wear bars ALMOST to the side while the rear was past them.:helmet:

edit: spelling and clarification

·
Registered
409 Posts
i get about one for one, outer edges get trashed first, i change them every three track days.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Mine wear out at the same time also. I think you guys are doing too many burnouts and not enough corner carving. I also find when I do a lot of wheelies my rear gets some extra punishment.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I have gotten 4 track days from a front compared to 2 for the rear! yikes! wish the rear was cheaper than front!!! the stones freakin' rock for durablility on the 10r!

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Chas34 said:
I have gotten 4 track days from a front compared to 2 for the rear! yikes! wish the rear was cheaper than front!!! the stones freakin' rock for durablility on the 10r!
Give me a pm if you want to hit some nice roads around Lock 17 and Mulberry Fork.:mrgreen:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts