Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my good friends was reading the latest RoadRacingWorld and said that back protectors are now mandatory for track days - can anyone confirm??? Thanks.

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
For many they are but I think some only make you do it if you ride Intermediate or Advanced. However, I would recommend getting one anyways as they serve there purpose. I actually wont ride without a back and chest protector on the track. I got mine through www.indysuperbike.com and they were Bohn

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey thanks for the link, I was thinking about picking one up this year anyway, but it was another expense I didn't really want to shell out if I didn't have to... (I have to research these carefully so they don't get caught up on my damn g-strings!) LOL

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
Maduro Mistress said:
Hey thanks for the link, I was thinking about picking one up this year anyway, but it was another expense I didn't really want to shell out if I didn't have to... (I have to research these carefully so they don't get caught up on my damn g-strings!) LOL
:spit:

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
Maduro Mistress said:

A VERY important consideration. :lol:

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
Maduro Mistress said:

i see your problem. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Expense of a back protector is a lot less than a funeral or paying to be in a wheel chair for the rest of your life.

I don't know if its mandatory, but its something that trackday organizers and track owners on a one/one basis decide.

I always wear one

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Maduro Mistress said:
I would suggest modeling with this particular issue, this forum is full of problem solvers and would be happy to help! j/k

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
Some of the track organizations out here require a hard shell back protector...I went out and bought a Dainese that you strap on....

When I went down at SOW doing 100 mph, just got up and walked away....

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
My trackday organizer doesn't have that rule.

Your problem would be solved if do what I do and just go commando. mmm...leather on bare skin feels so nice. :crackup:

·
Registered
409 Posts
I dont ride anywhere with one..........Cheap insurance for your back !!!

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey Speedy - where in Melbourne are you at - I'm from there!

Thanks for the input guys, I've been looking further at them and have seen some nice ones... Older Guy, the Dainese ones at my shop look like something out of Alien!!!!

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
06450F said:
Expense of a back protector is a lot less than a funeral or paying to be in a wheel chair for the rest of your life.

I don't know if its mandatory, but its something that trackday organizers and track owners on a one/one basis decide.

I always wear one

:iamwithst

1 - 15 of 15 Posts