Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what people use on their daily commutes, if not on the 10 on their other bikes. I use a normal back pack but may get a laptop that I may take to work and other things. I want to get a good backpack that will protect my stuff and me while not being a 50 pound pack on my back. I've searched a little online and found the axio packs (fabric and hard packs) to be something I'm considering. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
417 Posts
i just use my trusty army issue assault pack. bout the size of a jansport back pack.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
which tank bag do you use? I was also considering this route...any pics?

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
I wear a bike specific backpack(cant think of the name and I to lazy to go look) but its very ocmfrotable and normally I cant tell I have it on.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hey Supra,

I love my Icon squad backpack. It is motorcycle specific with a quick harness and a built in back protector. It also has a specific slot for a laptop. It also has a bottom expansion pocket that can unfold and carry a fullface helmet. I think they only come it black and orange. I got the black and it is the best pack I've ever had. Check it out here...

http://www.sandhillspowersports.com/sandhills/OnlineStore.do?DSP=200&PCR=1:5:50013&IID=icon_squadbackpack_06

Thats where I got mine. Good service and cheap.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
that helmet option is pretty cool and the straps look very supportive and look cool with that front quick release

I think we've found our winner...

maybe I'll get a tank bag for everyday riding where I only need to carry an occasional small item from the store

·
Registered
202 Posts
Wicked Webby said:
Hey Supra,

I love my Icon squad backpack. It is motorcycle specific with a quick harness and a built in back protector. It also has a specific slot for a laptop. It also has a bottom expansion pocket that can unfold and carry a fullface helmet. I think they only come it black and orange. I got the black and it is the best pack I've ever had. Check it out here...

http://www.sandhillspowersports.com/sandhills/OnlineStore.do?DSP=200&PCR=1:5:50013&IID=icon_squadbackpack_06

Thats where I got mine. Good service and cheap.
:+1: I have that one too, but it is to big for me for everyday use, but it great for taking alot of stuff at once. I dont like tank bags they get in my way when Im going in the twistys.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I tried motorcycle backpacks and tank bags, and none of them worked better than the large size Jansport I've owned for many many years.

Beware, you can spend a lot of money on motorcycle specific packs and still not get what you want. I'd personally stick with the college type bicycle backpacks (come in bright safety colors too).

FWIW, I hated using both the tank and tail pack when it came to commuting.

HTH
Phil

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I hope it isn't too big. I may or may not be traveling with a laptop for work but may not have too much to bring

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Supraman78 said:
I hope it isn't too big. I may or may not be traveling with a laptop for work but may not have too much to bring
http://www.jansport.com/js_product_detail.php?cid=&pid=TFE0

You can use the drawstrings to carry smaller cargo (forces the pack to collapse a bit). I usually carry a book or two and occasionally a laptop, plus it's large enough to store my riding pants while at work.

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
I use a tail bag made by http://www.luggagelocker.com/luggage-elite-seat-sak.htm

I personally don't like a back pack. IMO they are uncomfortable and increase fatigue if riding any distance. My other concern is saftey incase of a get off. I don't want anything that can cause a pressure point on my back. Nothing but back protector and leather on my back please.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts