Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally went for a long ride today after nearly 7 months of open road inactivity and it felt great. I had gone down on June 30th last year and had not put my bike fully together until little over a month ago. I had gone around the block a few times just to make sure nothing was loose and it road okay, but I had not been on the highway since. Weather and other shit had kept me from riding. I was a bit tentative and jittery on the turns, but I think it's a matter of getting used to her again.

Has anyone felt that way after an extended period without riding?

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,556 Posts
Welcome back

Well around here we only get about 3-4 months to ride so YEs I feel alil wierd every spring i get back on her I have to take my time for the 1st few days, after that its all good.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Welcome back

Well around here we only get about 3-4 months to ride so YEs I feel alil wierd every spring i get back on her I have to take my time for the 1st few days, after that its all good.
Unless you're profile is incorrect...You live in Jersey and you only have 3-4 months to ride ?? I live in Chicago which is pretty much the same weather wise and we ride at least 7 if not 8 months out of the year. Maybe I'm confused...:dontknow:

·
can we ride yet!?!?!?
3,522 Posts
ironman i feel your pain! i took a few years off and felt very rusty. first couple times i went out, i rode with some hardleys just to get back in the swing of things. 300 miles later and i can't wait to ride with my other bros!!! c'mon warm weather

·
I really need to get out of the house
13,309 Posts
....i think we all that have to store our bikes, for a while, until the warmer weather comes are a little jittery until we get a few good rides in, at the beginning of the season. It will take some time, but it always comes back to u.....and what I feeling:thumbsup:

·
Registered
127 Posts
[QUOTE

Has anyone felt that way after an extended period without riding?[/QUOTE]

Every spring:rolleyes:

It takes a bit to get back into it

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Finally went for a long ride today after nearly 7 months of open road inactivity and it felt great. I had gone down on June 30th last year and had not put my bike fully together until little over a month ago. I had gone around the block a few times just to make sure nothing was loose and it road okay, but I had not been on the highway since. Weather and other shit had kept me from riding. I was a bit tentative and jittery on the turns, but I think it's a matter of getting used to her again.

Has anyone felt that way after an extended period without riding?
yep sure have...my first time back on after my last off episode was a bit nerve racking back on the highway...just take it easy...plan a few short rides alone and then gradually extend them...i would definitely recommend not riding with others until you feel more comfortable and when you do then shoot me a pm...i'm just up the road from you here in temecula/murrieta.....i did a ride yesterday as well....thought i would get a little seat time between the rain on friday and sunday...had a nice time...rode down through valley center and up to lake wolford...stopped for lunch at hernandez hideaway and then took del dios across to the 5...and up the 101...quick warm-up coffee in carlsbad and then across the 76 back home...gone for about 4 hours did 150 miles and slept like a baby last night...cheers scott

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yep sure have...my first time back on after my last off episode was a bit nerve racking back on the highway...just take it easy...plan a few short rides alone and then gradually extend them...i would definitely recommend not riding with others until you feel more comfortable and when you do then shoot me a pm...i'm just up the road from you here in temecula/murrieta.....i did a ride yesterday as well....thought i would get a little seat time between the rain on friday and sunday...had a nice time...rode down through valley center and up to lake wolford...stopped for lunch at hernandez hideaway and then took del dios across to the 5...and up the 101...quick warm-up coffee in carlsbad and then across the 76 back home...gone for about 4 hours did 150 miles and slept like a baby last night...cheers scott

Thanks, I'll definitely let you know.

I normally jump right back on after a mishap (I've had 4 total, the first one 24 years ago and unfortunately the other 3 on this bike), but my bike was banged-up quite a bit this time and I took my time putting her back together; I kept finding broken parts. I've never been somewhere where I can't ride pretty much all year long, so I didn't know how you folks affected by the weather felt after long periods without riding. My reasons were not weather related and for the first time in my life I actually contemplated giving up on riding but after yesterdays ride, I don't think my bike is going to be going up for sale. It would've been great if it wasn't raining today, I don't get to ride during the week, but I'm looking forward to next weekend.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts