Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Orlando Speedworld (Bithlo) tonight, ran better than i have been. my best pass was:

R/T: .125
60': 1.660
330': 4.424
1/8: 6.623
MPH: 111.88
1000': 8.517
1/4: 10.126
MPH: 140.18

I think it was an ok night. still playing with small things to go faster. im SWB, lowered, strapped, muzzy s/o, -1 +2 gear

let me know what ya think :thumbsup:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im hoping to run at least 9.90's before i do a power commander/filter/ etc...

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
about 175ish suited
yeah your running close to what I have Muzzy Slip-on(stock otherwise-no PC) but I'm geared a little higher than you with -1/+1 but weigh well over 200lbs suited. Here is a time slip close to yours about 3months ago but you can see we have the same 60ft but I got closer to full throttle....this is what you need to do next time just like I need to keep practicing:

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
448 Posts
Went to Orlando Speedworld (Bithlo) tonight, ran better than i have been. my best pass was:

R/T: .125
60': 1.660
330': 4.424
1/8: 6.623
MPH: 111.88
1000': 8.517
1/4: 10.126
MPH: 140.18

I think it was an ok night. still playing with small things to go faster. im SWB, lowered, strapped, muzzy s/o, -1 +2 gear

let me know what ya think :thumbsup:
Still a good time bro. :ayyy:
But your probably wheeling at the top of first huh?
Like BlueDevil said, I would try to concentarte more on a smooth first gear roll out, and not so much on the actual launch.
I've been 9.80's SWB and basicly the same gear as you, but with slower 60'fts.
Looks like your just about there though bro.
:eek:ccasion1:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
with this gear it does come up in first, it sets it down when i hit 2nd. judging from the few bikes I've run. i usually run about 2 tenths slower at this track then Gainesville. i ran 3 tenths slower on my full blown kz dragbike. you don't really see good numbers here but im trying to be the fastest swb at this track. :thumbsup: i just need to ride more, 98% of the bikes there are stretched at least 7".

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
with this gear it does come up in first, it sets it down when i hit 2nd. judging from the few bikes I've run. i usually run about 2 tenths slower at this track then Gainesville. i ran 3 tenths slower on my full blown kz dragbike. you don't really see good numbers here but im trying to be the fastest swb at this track. :thumbsup: i just need to ride more, 98% of the bikes there are stretched at least 7".
that's not saying much we have a member here that goes from Cali tracks to the eastern tracks and does .2-.3 tenths faster on the east coast....the fastest SWB guy is Ruthless Racing and did 8s SWB in Prostar Racing this year....still trying to get him to run in Cali. so he can see the diff. though :lol:

but for real your only 18yrs old and I am an old man 43yrs old by your standards, fat and slow doing the same thing...keep your Ego in check you got some room to improve SWB. :wink:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
didnt say i was good, i know im not:hello: ive only been racing for about 6 years and this is the first bike ive run swb street tire. im just saying, a zx-14 with motor work, race fuel, 20 shot, stretched, lowered, with a good tire would be lucky to see 9.20's here.:dontknow: so then there isnt any good riders here.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
didnt say i was good, i know im not:hello: ive only been racing for about 6 years and this is the first bike ive run swb street tire. im just saying, a zx-14 with motor work, race fuel, 20 shot, stretched, lowered, with a good tire would be lucky to see 9.20's here.:dontknow: so then there isnt any good riders here.
I just said we have Ruthless Racing(ProStar Champion) doing only minor mods compared to your zx14 that did 8s SWB....but yeah not many good riders here:rolleyes: I would suggest you hang out on the drag racing forums I think you will like them better by your attitude. :wink:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ruthless is an awesome rider, no doubt to me the best on swb. there must not be many good riders at my track, didnt say anything about where your from. if guys around here cant run great numbers(including me) they must not be good. and this attitude you speak of, if we were in person you would not see it because i dont have have one. its funny with a computer, you cant see facial expressions or body language to hint at a persons attitude.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Ruthless is an awesome rider, no doubt to me the best on swb. there must not be many good riders at my track, didnt say anything about where your from. if guys around here cant run great numbers(including me) they must not be good. and this attitude you speak of, if we were in person you would not see it because i dont have have one. its funny with a computer, you cant see facial expressions or body language to hint at a persons attitude.
It's Ironic how you don't have good riders on your track as I don't see much on my track as well, but at the same time you hate the Computer that can cause responses plus your asking for feedback....like I said go to the Dragracing forums there is good info. there and they love attitudes to respond. If you don't know which forum to go to let me know. :wink:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
quite a little pissing contest this has become. i know im not good, will never be great. im not doubting your abilities but im sure you have a bunch more seat time than i do dont ya? 43 years gives you a lot more time to gain experience than 18. so dont try and pull the age card on me. i try to get to the track as much as possible because i know seat time is key. ive only made about 8 passes with this set up and after a few more i think i can get 9.90's. im still working on getting to WOT quicker so i can get my short times down.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
quite a little pissing contest this has become. i know im not good, will never be great. im not doubting your abilities but im sure you have a bunch more seat time than i do dont ya? 43 years gives you a lot more time to gain experience than 18. so dont try and pull the age card on me. i try to get to the track as much as possible because i know seat time is key. ive only made about 8 passes with this set up and after a few more i think i can get 9.90's. im still working on getting to WOT quicker so i can get my short times down.

Never Assume, I'm 43yrs old but only been running seriously on the drag strip for 2yrs...I was in the Military and lived all over the world and never had a chance to stay with one sport or motorcycle.....my point is your young and you can be great and you will get those 9.90s but keep that Ego in Check. :wink::thumbsup:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i know i can hit 9.90s, everytime i go out i drop at least a tenth off my r/t. what tire psi is everyone running? i have a 190/50 pilot power running about 34 psi

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
It just takes SEAT TIME bro!!! Keep us posted on your progress:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts