Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from the dyno. The numbers were a little lower than those I've seen in the magazines but I don't feel to bad. The guys there let me browse through the saved files they had of other bike they have done. It looks like their dyno reads low on everything. Just for comparison a stock 06 'busa put down a peak HP of 154. The were real impressed with the ZX, first second gen they have done. I'm hoping with the race cam, head gasket and tuning I can squeak up close to 160.

Attachments

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
Good numbers, dont't worry about what those magazines print. :welcome:

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
the lesser of the hp dyno numbers out there appear more realistic anyway. what kind of dyno was it?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not sure of the model number. It said Dynocom on it. It was a car chassis dyno but they had the rigging to strap a bike down to it. The roller was huge, took forever to spin it up.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Realistically it should produce the exact same numbers if it is accurate. The Horsepower of a motor is related it it's ability to move a set amount of weight I believe? Or something like that i know some rocket scientist is going to pop in. But due to the larger roller size the equation that computer is using to calculate your horsepower is going to be slightly different than the equation on a Motorcycle dyno. (less roller weight can accelerate faster yes. But if the equation takes that into consideration then it becomes null and void point)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The dyno had one large roller, 6-7 foot wide with a cover plate over the middle. It was like every other car dyno I've seen. As for the 'busa comment, I'm pretty sure they throw down more peak horse than a stock zx-10, at least that's what the mags say. Now a question for the more informed, in the recent sport rider 1000cc comparision, they dynoed the zx-10r at 155 hp, more than what i got, but only 76 ft/lbs torque, i got 82. What gives. what kind of rig/compensation do i need to run on to get those numbers? If every dyno out there reads differently how are you supposed to compare to other bikes?

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
Only way to be sure in a comparison is to use all the bikes on same dyno...My 10 b4 remapping was around 149 and change..After mapping i got almost 158...All i had at the time was a 2 bro single sided pipe,pc3 and bmc race a/f..
Chk my images for dyno results

1 - 12 of 12 Posts