Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an axle plate mount and realized the axle nut can't be back off a half an inch to accomodate the bracket. The cotter pin will not fit in the hole. Anyone know if I can get an extension? Also, will the new mount affect performance?

·
Green Hippie
17,566 Posts
KlevaOne said:
I bought an axle plate mount and realized the axle nut can't be back off a half an inch to accomodate the bracket. The cotter pin will not fit in the hole. Anyone know if I can get an extension? Also, will the new mount affect performance?
:welcome: to the site Kleva ! performance I do'nt think is going to be an issue as long as you can get it mounted properly.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Might shave a few mils off of the mount if you think it will stay strong enough.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
if he coonassed it like Miykl and added a remote control for the plate so when cruzin @ triple digits it flattens out with no wind resistance. :badteeth:

BD

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
I'm with Miami on this one. Just plane enough metal off the plate bracket to make it work. Or drill a new hole for the pin. Or stop shopping for sport bike accessories at the Harley shop.....

·
Green Hippie
17,566 Posts
miykl said:
I'm with Miami on this one. Just plane enough metal off the plate bracket to make it work. Or drill a new hole for the pin. Or stop shopping for sport bike accessories at the Harley shop.....
:spit: :crackup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts