Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I installed my pc3 and was using a map for another pipe because I couldnt find on my specific set up and the bike didnt really seem to run any better than it did without the pc3. I came across this website where this guy named Jeff makes custom maps based on your elevation and the mods you have amde to your bike. I was extremely skeptical at first but after I put in a request for a map Jeff gave me a call the next day and answered any and every question that I had about how he could make a map without putting the bike on a dyno. He convinced me and I paid him the 50 bucks and the map he made me is frickin awesome. The bike runs super smooth now, with none of the dips in power that I felt with the other map I had been using. If anybody is looking for an awesome map give Jeff a call or check out his website. http://www.faic.cc/index3.html
He is always more than happy to answer any questions you might have and will work with you until you get the map where you want it to be no matter how much adjusting it may take.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
:spit:

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
Wow, are you joking??? :spit:

:idea: I bet he took your money and searched the web for a map similar to your mods and said he made it Ha ha

:popcorn:

·
formerly GHOST RIDER
2,134 Posts
Made a custom map or not or the guy searched the web for the map and made $50 for his time..The customer is happy, so there for his money well spent.:dontknow:..All kidding a side, now send me $50.00 and I'll tell you what sticker to put on to make your bike faster.:spit:..I'm sorry man, I couldn't resist..I'm so going to hell:headshake..:heyyou: I'm glad it worked out.:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
477 Posts
So I installed my pc3 and was using a map for another pipe because I couldnt find on my specific set up and the bike didnt really seem to run any better than it did without the pc3. I came across this website where this guy named Jeff makes custom maps based on your elevation and the mods you have amde to your bike. I was extremely skeptical at first but after I put in a request for a map Jeff gave me a call the next day and answered any and every question that I had about how he could make a map without putting the bike on a dyno. He convinced me and I paid him the 50 bucks and the map he made me is frickin awesome. The bike runs super smooth now, with none of the dips in power that I felt with the other map I had been using. If anybody is looking for an awesome map give Jeff a call or check out his website. http://www.faic.cc/index3.html
He is always more than happy to answer any questions you might have and will work with you until you get the map where you want it to be no matter how much adjusting it may take.
:heyyou: if nothing else mate,i'd get your spark plugs out after a few weeks and check condition!!(free to do and takes 1 hour ish).if they are very clean almost no colour change and glazed apperance THEN GET YOUR FUELING CHECKED!!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
524 Posts
Did anyone check out the pipes the guy makes? They are on the web link the OP provided. Sounds "interesting". :dontknow:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
YA Im definently planning on pulling the plugs and checking it out to make sure its not running way too lean or way too rich. Its kind of funny how everyone is so quick to call it a wasted 50 bucks when they have no expirence with the guy...??? But I guess maybe Id be kind of upset too if I had paid 300 bucks for a custom tune that doesnt work any better. Sometimes it doesnt hurt to be a little more open minded, I decided to be and it seems to have paid off in this situation.

·
Registered
477 Posts
YA Im definently planning on pulling the plugs and checking it out to make sure its not running way too lean or way too rich. Its kind of funny how everyone is so quick to call it a wasted 50 bucks when they have no expirence with the guy...??? But I guess maybe Id be kind of upset too if I had paid 300 bucks for a custom tune that doesnt work any better. Sometimes it doesnt hurt to be a little more open minded, I decided to be and it seems to have paid off in this situation.
its not a problem playing with maps,i play around with my map a fare bit to fine tune air/fuel ratio at cruising speeds ect,i have a wide band lambda kit fitted so i can see my fueling live at all speeds,(and thats on my laptop no dyno)so im sure this guy knows what hes doing?and that was after i had a CUSTOM MAP done!!the cruising air/fuel was way rich and idle..the dyno guys just set bikes up to be safe at full throttle in my view!they only have time to do the basics(for the money they charge)if you wanted a proper pukka map everywhere then it would be double/treble the cost!and then most people just would not bother.i would say to every one to spend your money on a wideband 2 from dynojet,down load a close map,and start playing..most people come away from having a CUSTOM MAP done thinking that it is spot on,trust me it's NOT!! it may never blow up but it aint spot on all over:2cents:....

·
Registered
860 Posts
It is a possibillity that he does have a dyno and just gave you a map from a bike that he tuned with similar mods as yours. It's probably pretty good and somewhat close. But, you could probably still get more out of it with a custom tune.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts