Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Man About Town
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:dontknow:
Hi all,
I have been trying to upload images for avatars for ages. I've searched the forums yet still cannot answer my questions. I size the images according to the site's requirements (via Photoshop) yet I still get a message stating that the images maximum size is 20000 bytes. A little help please?
Thanks,
Cary
valskater

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
size it to like 150 x 150 pixels for an avatar or post it here and someone will fix it up for you.
El Diablo will make it look better than "stock" if he does it for you.

·
Man About Town
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finally.
Thanks again!
Cary
valskater

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
K10 said:
hmm... that one won't work either, this site doesn't like bitmaps.

I changed it to a jpeg and tried to upload it but it won't allow more than 20,000 bytes. It must be a very detailed pic. The only way that thing will work is if you make it 50% smaller.

·
Man About Town
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
In Photoshop I saved the image for web as a gif and it seemed to like that.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Andy said:
hmm... that one won't work either, this site doesn't like bitmaps.

I changed it to a jpeg and tried to upload it but it won't allow more than 20,000 bytes. It must be a very detailed pic. The only way that thing will work is if you make it 50% smaller.
Not sure what happend Andy, never saved it as a bitmap?
I think what you guys may have done is, when you saved picture as, you had BITMAP selected as the file type. It needs to be JPEG. Sorry, I guess I should have said something.

·
Administrator
6,716 Posts
after resizing and correcting your image...

save a CT image for web, select JPEG and then click the small triangle next to the preset menu. Select Optimize to File Size.... In the window that pops up type in 19K.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts