Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have been waiting quite some time for this to come out. if you currently have a qs from bazzaz, you now have the option to have both std. and reverse qs capability with one sensor.

If you are looking at purchasing a qs kit from bazzaz in the future, you can now order it with this sensor.

I can promise you that these will stay sold out for quite a while, so if you are looking to grab one of these contact us ASAP to get on this list!

Universal, Strain Gage Quickshift, for the Z-Fi TC and QS4 USB.

Notes:
Ultra-precise strain gauge technology
Microprocessor controlled
Adjustable Sensitivity
No moving parts, for excellent durability and feel
Functions in GP or standard shift patterns
Can retrofit to replace any Bazzaz shift switch
Now, only one part # for each application. No more asking customers “reverse or standard shift pattern?”

·
Gone Ridin'
1,705 Posts
Dang it. Now you post this.

I just (2 weeks ago) had Bazzaz sell me a reverse one for my son's 6R since he switched to GP shift (not cheap and you have to switch things around).

·
Registered
545 Posts
so if you have an existing QS4 setup, is this a scenario where you can purchase JUST the new strain gauge to fit into your existing setup (to save money on not having to repurchase a whole new unit to switch setup)? Or is this just to show the new version that anyone buying one these days will get, leaving us with the old in the past?

also, more importantly, does the gauge physically work BETTER or is it just for the ability to go std/GP?

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,678 Posts
so if you have an existing QS4 setup, is this a scenario where you can purchase JUST the new strain gauge to fit into your existing setup (to save money on not having to repurchase a whole new unit to switch setup)? Or is this just to show the new version that anyone buying one these days will get, leaving us with the old in the past?

also, more importantly, does the gauge physically work BETTER or is it just for the ability to go std/GP?
lexusrx said:
Can retrofit to replace any Bazzaz shift switch
Yes, it can be used with existing systems. The strain gauge technology is "better" than a mechanical switch in there's no moving parts. Therefore, it's more reliable. The best part of this setup though is the sensitivity of the switch itself is adjustable separate from the kill times to really tailor the setup for the rider. The switch is smaller physically and can be used for either GP or standard patterns. It's a great setup.

·
Registered
545 Posts
thank you for the clarification.

Yea, i totally LOVE my QS4 now, so if this one is better im sure its awesome. Can the OP please msg me a price on whatever peices (strain gauge, sensitivity adjustment, etc) I would need to update my current setup?

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Yes, it can be used with existing systems. The strain gauge technology is "better" than a mechanical switch in there's no moving parts. Therefore, it's more reliable. The best part of this setup though is the sensitivity of the switch itself is adjustable separate from the kill times to really tailor the setup for the rider. The switch is smaller physically and can be used for either GP or standard patterns. It's a great setup.
I have the Bazzaz ZFI with the QS, so all you do is replace the connection into the harness with this one correct. Replace the grey wire connection?

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,559 Posts
Can I get a cost and availability ?? I currently don't have a QS so all I want is the stand alone unit w/ strain guage....
2012-ZX-14R
Zip-08302

·
Registered
771 Posts
Any idea if this will work with the daytona 675 ?
2010 has a quick shifter connector to the ecm?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts