Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've installed the pv5 and autotune. 2 stock cat gutted off, wideband sensor directly into the akra link pipe. akra slip on.

first map: dynojet akra slip on converted from a pc3 to a pv5 file.

Questions:

1. the first autotune trim table after 50miles has all values from -20 ... +20.
i thought the based dynojet map should be more or less the right one so i expected trims from -5 ... +5...

What this normal?

2. after accepting several trims the values have to go down i think?

3. how long it takes to have an autotuned map with zero - trims?

hope there are answers.. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
387 Posts
i thought you euro guys need to disable the stock 02 sensor? did you already do that. if not thats probably why the figures are so off as the stock ecu programing keeps changing to get it back into "normal" range on the emissions.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I know my buddy ('09 R6) has the PC5 w/ Autotune & he had to connect the additional 2-3 wires--just use 18-20g primary wire--from the PC5 box to the bike. This allowed the PC5 to autotune for each gear instead of a 'generic' tune for all 6 gears as well as having a speed & gear input to the PC5

·
Registered
150 Posts
The first runs on mine were bigger trims than I expected (+,-15 -20), But after 600 miles now they appear to be settling down to just small bumps +,- 3.
I do not expect them to ever go to zero. -As the air temperature and pressure change from day to day, I expect the ECU to compensate.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i thought you euro guys need to disable the stock 02 sensor? did you already do that. if not thats probably why the figures are so off as the stock ecu programing keeps changing to get it back into "normal" range on the emissions.
Yes, 2 dyno o2 eliminators are installed.

Did you block off the clean air system? If not, forget the Auto Tune ever working right.
Kleen air system is blocked.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The first runs on mine were bigger trims than I expected (+,-15 -20), But after 600 miles now they appear to be settling down to just small bumps +,- 3.
I do not expect them to ever go to zero. -As the air temperature and pressure change from day to day, I expect the ECU to compensate.
Thats what i think too. but in effect this means even if a bike is tuned on a dynojet station it would be never ever perfect depending on the air temperatur, air pressure etc....

thank you

·
Registered
150 Posts
Thats what i think too. but in effect this means even if a bike is tuned on a dynojet station it would be never ever perfect depending on the air temperatur, air pressure etc....

thank you
I think that's the concept behind the auto-tune setup. Without feedback from an O2 sensor, The ECU and map are just an approximation for a given set of conditions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts