Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at getting pc5 and autotune.
My question is how good does it work and will i be able to use the standard exhaust sensor hole or will i have to weld another beside it?

·
Registered
153 Posts
+1 Woolich is the go

Reactions: Boxtradamus

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I agree having used the PCV autotune...it is crap but the problem we have here is the UK wollich racing representative provides the most appalling back up hes been missing on our forum for 4 months and rarely answers his phone or responds to messages. We simply dont get the back up.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I have had good results with the PCV + autotune, but I have switched to Woolich and can honestly say that it is much better. Would definitely recommend the Woolich.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I dont understand how woolich works. Is it a box you wire up like a pc5 or is it the ecu thats modified? Plus is it done on a rolling road?

·
Registered
153 Posts
In simple terms it allows you to use a laptop to actually reprogram the bikes own ECU. This differs from a Power Commander, Bazzaz etc which just modifies the signals sent from the stock ECU to the engine by plugging in line, where the source signal is unchanged.

The basic Woolich kit is essentially a wiring harness that allows you to plug your own computer into the ECU to make changes directly on the ECU itself, and the software to do it.

You can step it up to the next level as I have and get the 'log box' which records data onto an SD card from the bike in real time whilst you are riding in real world conditions. You then plug the bike back into your computer and it uses this data to generate new maps etc for your actual bike from data collected with true ram air effect etc etc. No dyno needed. You then rewrite the ECU with the new maps. Ride and repeat as many times as you like.

You can do it on a dyno if you want but I like the idea of true data from actual riding rather than simulated conditions on a dyno. You can go higher still and get log box pro but most will not need it and that allows for some serious data capture.

You can also get 'race tools' which on Gen 4 gives you quickshifter and some other bonuses, still from within the ECU. I have this also and it works very well. Better than other add on systems.

The install is easy if you are mechanically handy. The computer side of things I was wary about as I am fairly computer illiterate but found it all pretty simple.

This is a fairly simplistic explanation and there is a lot of stuff you can do with Woolich that PC cannot do but essentially that's it.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
In simple terms it allows you to use a laptop to actually reprogram the bikes own ECU. This differs from a Power Commander, Bazzaz etc which just modifies the signals sent from the stock ECU to the engine by plugging in line, where the source signal is unchanged.

The basic Woolich kit is essentially a wiring harness that allows you to plug your own computer into the ECU to make changes directly on the ECU itself, and the software to do it.

You can step it up to the next level as I have and get the 'log box' which records data onto an SD card from the bike in real time whilst you are riding in real world conditions. You then plug the bike back into your computer and it uses this data to generate new maps etc for your actual bike from data collected with true ram air effect etc etc. No dyno needed. You then rewrite the ECU with the new maps. Ride and repeat as many times as you like.

You can do it on a dyno if you want but I like the idea of true data from actual riding rather than simulated conditions on a dyno. You can go higher still and get log box pro but most will not need it and that allows for some serious data capture.

You can also get 'race tools' which on Gen 4 gives you quickshifter and some other bonuses, still from within the ECU. I have this also and it works very well. Better than other add on systems.

The install is easy if you are mechanically handy. The computer side of things I was wary about as I am fairly computer illiterate but found it all pretty simple.

This is a fairly simplistic explanation and there is a lot of stuff you can do with Woolich that PC cannot do but essentially that's it.
Thats great thanks. I am after a few things.
Firstly a quickshifter.
Can i run stock gen5 shifter and wire it into ecu?
Secondly remove restrictions. My bike accelerates fast up to around 150mph whete it seems to be restricted a little.
Thirdly id like it to be fuelled correctly as i sometimes get large bangs off the throttle like its running rich at some points.
How much will this cost me do you know?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Thats great thanks. I am after a few things.
Firstly a quickshifter.
Can i run stock gen5 shifter and wire it into ecu?
Secondly remove restrictions. My bike accelerates fast up to around 150mph whete it seems to be restricted a little.
Thirdly id like it to be fuelled correctly as i sometimes get large bangs off the throttle like its running rich at some points.
How much will this cost me do you know?
Cost will vary country to country I think. On the website link I posted yon need the Log box package at $704 US and the Race Tools package $380 US. Those will allow you to do your own tuning using your bikes own data and get a decent quickshifter.

You may be able to use a gen 5 shifter but you don't need to as the kit comes with a strain gauge and shift rod included. You can remove all restrictions including secondary throttle plate openings, as well as remove error codes for o2 sensor removal, exhaust valve removal etc. Disable fuel cut is a great feature to.

Reactions: Jollygreen

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok. So can i ask if the fuel cut is gear related or mph related?
I have lowered my gearing so im in 6th alot earlier but it feels restricted over 150

·
Registered
153 Posts
In stock form under certain conditions when you close the throttle it actually cuts all fuel to the engine, when the throttle is reapplied the fuel turns back on unsettling the bike. I found it is very noticeable and off putting when cornering. Disabling this fuel cuts allows for much smoother throttle transitions.

Are you talking 150 mph or kph? How much have you shortened the gearing? I added 2 to the rear and it still pulls clear of 150 mph relatively easily.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I just saw you other thread about your rear shock. Do you have a 2016 model? If so what it does is slightly different but it gives you autoblip for upshifts! There is no way you'd even consider PC V for a second knowing this IMO

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
The PC sample rate is very poor, bazzaz is better and Woolich is X10 better than bazzaz.. Race grade.

simple.. also, ECUs dont go bad, bazzaz and PC, go bad.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts