Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or is everything non-sportbike related boring as hell?
I have always hated NASCAR but until recently, I had no problem watching road racing in its many forms (except drag racing, which is even more pointless on a sportibke). Now, I cannot even focus watching or talking about anything to do with auto racing. Anybody else feel this way?
I've been involved in coversations with some tuner friends spouting off numbers, quarter mile times, etc; all of which mean nothing because they are so poor compared to my gen 4. I'm not saying I'm the fastest guy or super cool because the bike I bought; anybody can sign a check. It just bores me hearing about 1000hp cars that can't beat my bike 0 to 60 time. My friends post up track day videos on facebook with their car clubs and it pains me to watch because they are so slow.
Maybe I'm just bored at work on a Friday, but c'mon you guys with modern sportbikes have to know that when it comes down to it everything else IS boring.......

·
Chairman of the Board
16,050 Posts
I like the Rolex series and World Rally car too. I LOVE F1 though. I DVR all the practice sessions, qualifying and the race. Its like a long chess match of strategy that slowly develops. Id say at this point Moto 2 is at the top of my list excitement wise though. Even AMA has been good lately.

·
Registered
5,162 Posts
F1 is about 30 seconds quicker around motogp at the Malaysia track. Also the GT-R is about even in the 0-60 department. About 2.9 seconds.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I mean production race cars; I love F1.
And i'm a huge fan of the skylines, but the car is nearly $100k.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
F1 is about 30 seconds quicker around motogp at the Malaysia track. Also the GT-R is about even in the 0-60 department. About 2.9 seconds.
0-60 is not a good thing to compare to many variables like traction for example my old 750 Interceptor did 2.3s 0-60 in 1986 with only 105hp crank. :badteeth::wink:

bloo

·
Registered
706 Posts
F1, grand am series. Grand am is the closest racing I know of that matches production cars.

I love watching mustangs, m3, camaro, challenger, vantage, and some others go against each other on a road course.

Sent from my iPhone using an over priced data plan!

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Hey boss, he mentioned it. I just gave an example.
yeah I know was just saying 0-60 is a bad example unless you think my old VFR would kick your bikes arse off the line.:wink:

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I pointed out the 0 - 60 time because I know alot of people use that to compare vehicles.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
I watch F1 every chance I get, it's like a chess match, very exciting sport even though it's not very popular in this country. Besides that I just drag race a sport bike lol, I find it very intertaining mainly because it's always a challenge, mainly because it really doesn't matter what kind of bike that you race, it all depends on the rider. Seen few s1000rr and 4th gen zx10r come up to the track with big egos, and get their asses handed to them lol, going straight is easy they said lol, till you try it.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I was a big fan of nascar til recently. Its just got so damn boring anymore. Myself I have been watching the NHRA alot lately. Nothing like a 8,000hp+ top fuel dragster going 300mph+ an eighth mile in less than 4 seconds

Sent from my DROIDX using Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 15 of 15 Posts