Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I rode my brothers gen 5 with a woolich flash and the autoblip down on it. I was wondering if there is any way to do this on a gen 4? I already have a translogic qs on the bike is there anyway of adding the qs down? Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Unfortunately the Gen 4 does not have ride by wire throttle. One set of plates are manually operated. Auto blip requires electronic controlled throttle plates so the only way to do it is to add an electronic controller to operate the throttle plates in addition to the stock cable set up. There is a company that does it but it's very expensive.

The short answer to your question is not really. It would probably be cheaper to upgrade the bike to a Gen 5 and flash it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info
Unfortunately the Gen 4 does not have ride by wire throttle. One set of plates are manually operated. Auto blip requires electronic controlled throttle plates so the only way to do it is to add an electronic controller to operate the throttle plates in addition to the stock cable set up. There is a company that does it but it's very expensive.

The short answer to your question is not really. It would probably be cheaper to upgrade the bike to a Gen 5 and flash it.

·
R.I.P. REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,945 Posts
Doppler nailed it. And the topic has been brought up before...
https://www.zx-10r.net/forum/f23/downshift-blipper-324089.html

The system needs to open and control the throttle, which means you need to add a control motor and throttle cables directly to the throttlebodies to override the grip. Then the system will be able to "blip" the throttle for you during downshifts.

·
Registered
2016 Kawasaki ZX-10R KRT ABS Edition
683 Posts
So I rode my brothers gen 5 with a woolich flash and the autoblip down on it. I was wondering if there is any way to do this on a gen 4? I already have a translogic qs on the bike is there anyway of adding the qs down? Thanks for the input.
Are you looking to use this for racing purposes or just for the ease of downshifting on the streets? You can definitely clutches downshift without problems and with a little practice. I was doing it on my Gen5 for a whole season before getting auto-blip enabled... and I was doing it on a pre-recalled tranny... like butter...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are you looking to use this for racing purposes or just for the ease of downshifting on the streets? You can definitely clutches downshift without problems and with a little practice. I was doing it on my Gen5 for a whole season before getting auto-blip enabled... and I was doing it on a pre-recalled tranny... like butter...
I am only looking for this on race use only

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.