Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
I will probably be up for it pending the weather. It will be good to see more zx 10rs there. Always a lot of GSXRs. I would suggest anyone else who wants to go to get in quick as Saturdays are really popular and do sell fast usually by the Wednesday of the same week of the day.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Hey guys enjoy,the track looks pretty trick.Dont forget the tyre warmers:helmet:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well what a day. It was a 32 C + day, fully booked which made it quite busy for everyone. Hydration was paramount as a combination of the heat as well as having to ride around the track meant lots and lots of fluids were lost. Broadford a short circuit approx 2km long set on the side of a hill therefore lots of changes in altitude- keeping you very busy...

I ended up doing 5 sessions in all until calling it a day - some were good and some not so good. Not to worry though, I had fun and that's what it's about after all. Oh and the fact that the 10r and myself came home intact.....

Jayson did you end up going?

·
Registered
406 Posts
broadford is definitly a tight track, as far as riding on it i must say i enjyed it more on my old zx6rr track bike than i did on my zx10 but in saying that, when it got low on numbers i did have fun haming it up a bit infront of my mates when on the 10r.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Yep I was there on the green 10r in the red group because it has been a while. Was an ok day but there was a fair bit of traffic though. Most of the corners really tighten up on the exit which was catching a few newbies in our group out. This is the best track for grip and it has hardly any bumps that can catch you out. Was kinda weird seeing an instructor crash on the first turn.
Gats were you the one with 09 black 10 in the carpark? The only other zx10r I saw was a white 09. I did 6 sessions and the ride home was my 7th session.

I will be going again on the 6th if the weather is fine.

I realised that I do forget after not going for a while

·
Registered
406 Posts
broadford you be one of the most technical tracks i have riden on, great little track though. Winton was also technical but VERY bumpy, also a gerat little track, but nothing beats PI. although eastern creek is on the cards before the end of the year. Enjoy boys the 6th is no good for me. But ill be doing a trackday at PI on teh 8th. Whos doing that one??

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yep I was there on the green 10r in the red group because it has been a while. Was an ok day but there was a fair bit of traffic though. Most of the corners really tighten up on the exit which was catching a few newbies in our group out. This is the best track for grip and it has hardly any bumps that can catch you out. Was kinda weird seeing an instructor crash on the first turn.
Gats were you the one with 09 black 10 in the carpark? The only other zx10r I saw was a white 09. I did 6 sessions and the ride home was my 7th session.

I will be going again on the 6th if the weather is fine.

I realised that I do forget after not going for a while
That was me with the black 10R. I spoke to the bloke on the white 10R at the start of the day - nice set up and didn't he progress nicely?

You are right about going a bit 'stale' if not on track regularly...
Re: other days on track, I only have one booked in - PI on March 12.

·
Registered
119 Posts
im going to get some leathers and come
You should. You can also hire them on the day for about $50. It is best fun as long as you treat it as a ride day and not a race day. It will also help with your road riding. Let me know if you go and you can pit with me and a few mates if they go. I like Broadford because it is fairly close to where I live.

The white 10r looked good and the BT003's he had with warmers on wouldn't have done any harm to his day as well

Photos of the day can be found here.

http://www.stevenhendyphotography.com.au/Site/Champions_Ride_Days/Champions_Ride_Days.html

I will be going to the Superbikes on Sat and Sun. The forecast for Sunday is not good at the moment. So it is doubtful i will ride at this stage. Unfortunately due to work commitments i will not be doing any of the afterburner days at PI.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts