Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This pic was taken on a road that leads from New South Wales into Victoria here in Australia, yes that sign says 105kms of twisties!!! thats 65+miles of nothing but twisty road.

this is actually a road that is built for logging trucks so there is no traffic at all, in the 105kms i passed 1 truck and 1 car. None of the corners are marked (some are hairpins whilst others long sweeping corners) barely a straight at al just corner after corner after corner.

pity it is 500kms from my home or i would spend more time there. I hit this road on the way home from the Phillip Island MotoGP - GO STONER!!

With roads like these, who needs trackdays!!!

Have you ridden similar roads? got pics? can you share them here?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Mate what road is that, I did the phillip Island run at the begging of the year for WSBK. Is that on the way back along the coast or through the mountains?

I am addicted to track days at the moment, just started riding on the roads again after 8mths. Was on 1pt probation for 12mths. Missed riding on the roads but IMO nothing beats Track days!

Glad to hear you had a great run and most importantly came back in one peice!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Yeah I pretty much decided I'm going to move there eventually.

You listen to Parkway Drive at all? Or does the name ring a bell. I imagine they're pretty popular in Australia none the less New South Wales.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
haha, that is a cool pic.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Um....if you ever come out to the states I can give you a list of twisty pieces of heaven. I threw together a few of the best roads in Northern California....biblical.

http://www.motowhere.com/maps/route/CA-3-to-36
Here's a picture of 36..
http://www.pashnit.com/roads/cal/Highway36.htm

We're talking 345km of twisties from heaven bro...and there's more where that came from. I can give you a list of sick roads on the US West Coast from Canada to Mexico.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mate what road is that, I did the phillip Island run at the begging of the year for WSBK. Is that on the way back along the coast or through the mountains?

Hey mate, its the Bonang Hwy that runs from Delegate in Southern NSW through to Orbost in Victoria. pretty hard to googlemap the whole route because it crosses the border but just search for bonang hwy.

As you can see from a closer shot it has been tagged twice by the local (Australian) Kawasaki Sportbike Riders Club www.ksrc-au.com (see the two green stickers)
i should tag it with a zx-10r.net sticker next time (if someone wants to send me one)

We do this run through to and from the motogp or the supers (when i can get time off work!!!) but you will not be dissapointed!

·
Registered
523 Posts
Oh well Tassie roads are great anyway :cool:

Glad i live here in Tasmania :lol:

·
Team Green Baby!
2014 MV Agusta F3 675
1,519 Posts
I have one nice stretch of twisties here. Not as long as this one but it's much closer to where I live...maybe 10mi away. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Cherohala Skyway, North Carolina/Tennessee State Lines. Actual Skyway is 36 miles long but the twisty roads continue for about 65 miles. (pics courtesy of www.tailofthedragon.com) Been going there 5 to 6 times a year since 1997:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts