Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put an Austin Racing GP1 on my 2020 KRT. It looks and sounds incredible. I've noticed cars can now hear me coming and tend to move over more often when I'm lane splitting in traffic.
But you'll need good earplugs. It reads 90 db on my Android Sound Meter app at idle.
I was going to install the baffle but will take a long ride next weekend to see how it performs and any reaction form LEOs.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LOL!

Thought as much.

Karen's husband started a petition against my bike - I'm running the SC project on my 10R.

Only two people signed it. Lol!

Glad I always wear ear plugs while riding.
I had an SC Project on my 16 BMWS1000RR. Very loud but the AR is MotoGP loud.

·
Registered
2017 ZX10R
110 Posts
I had a SC Project CRT on my '17 about 2 weeks ago and although I loved the sound/looks it was absolutely too loud for daily riding. Yes I was looking for a loud exhaust, but man that thing takes loud to another level. Listening to Youtube videos don't do the CRT justice compared to actually owning one.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had a SC Project CRT on my '17 about 2 weeks ago and although I loved the sound/looks it was absolutely too loud for daily riding. Yes I was looking for a loud exhaust, but man that thing takes loud to another level. Listening to Youtube videos don't do the CRT justice compared to actually owning one.
I would have to agree with you guys! I have a 21 zx10 and put a 3/4 arrow exhaust. You tube videos do not do justice. It’s very loud. Had to put db killer in and at idle it’s at 85db. I wonder how arrow compares to sc and ar

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm actually considering looking for the Akra slip on myself.

The carbon one for obvious reasons. Lol!

·
Registered
19 Posts
LOL!

Thought as much.

Karen's husband started a petition against my bike - I'm running the SC project on my 10R.

Only two people signed it. Lol!

Glad I always wear ear plugs while riding.
Will my Arai helmet keep the sound down?

I want a gp1r austin for my 2021zx10r

·
Registered
102 Posts
What helmet would you say is the quietest
This is a subjective topic and it depends on what your needs are really. Commuting, weekend riding, racing etc etc

Considering that even with a quiet helmet and stock exhaust at highway cruising speeds will still expose you to around 120 dbs of noise....... The long term effects will do irreversible damage.

From my experience, I would also agree that my Arai does have a bit more noise to it than previous lids used.

For reference my bike has the SC projects pipe on it and I ride mostly twisties and track.

I always wear ear plugs as I have already damaged my left ear drum - not riding related.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts