Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so.... If all goes well, I'll probably be moving to Austin pretty soon. I'd say within the next few months or so. Who wants to show me around?

·
Registered
268 Posts
I will be back from Iraq in about a month. There are alot of roads around there. Once my roady gets his 600rr back together I will PM you. Shoot me a message so I can save it. We are talking about a Ridesmart track day also. If you get up to Fort Hood/Killeen area, we chase corners every saturday morning for a couple hours if you are intrested.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Throw out a few weeks notice and my son and I will be glad to come.
We're new into streetbikes but have talked about heading to central Texas for some rides.
Hopefully we won't make you guys look like your riding with a couple of stupid riders who haven't got up to speed yet.
I hadn't ridden a crotch rocket since '88 when my wife found out we were expecting twins. My wife said the Slingshot had to go because she didn't want to be a widow with orphaned children.
I still have yet to ride my new bikes as viciously as I did back then.
I don't know if I grew a few brain cells since then or if I've become pussyfied.
My 10's have mind boggling power compared to my old scooter.
If y'all know of some good off road riding I can bring dirt bikes too for some cross over riding.
As long as I don't have a weekend gunite scheduled we can make any ride within a few hundred miles of Houston.

See ya,
Kelly

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's awesome, Go ahead and subscribe to this thread and I'll let ya'll know something soon. It all depends on this weekend when I go check out the place I'm going to school at. If it's what I expect, count me in.

@ Ol dog big balls: Once I get there and get settled in, I'll be explorin, so I'll be sure to send a message ur way. Also, I've always wanted to do a track day so, so that'll be great.

@ danger443 & Gilbert: Sounds great, I heard that area had some great riding spots which I'm eager to learn. Theres nothing but straight road here.

@ Huskyrider: Don't sweat it, I usually ride with friends who just got their bikes to make sure they don't do anything stupid and keep an eye out for them, and other people who made the crossover to the sportbike world, if your anything like them, there wont be any problems and it'll be alright. That's a compliment, not an insult seeing as how most of them are level headed and mature enough to get on one in the first place, incase you were wondering.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
My girl and I are in South Austin, when the weathers nice we're out riding the twisties......what part of austin are you movin to?

·
Accountant in training.
2,847 Posts
I am in SW Austin... Near where 45 and 1826 intersect....

I've found a few roads that I ride once in a while, but it would be cool see where the good roads are. :thumbsup:

Chris

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My girl and I are in South Austin, when the weathers nice we're out riding the twisties......what part of austin are you movin to?
Not quite sure, all I know is that Austin is huge. I'll find out around which area I'll be when I go this weekend.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
2222 turns into Lime creek if you go west of 1(Mopac). That roade is very twisty but the road conditions can very depending on how much quary work is going on. Look at Google maps of 2222 follow it until you see lime creek.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
2222 turns into Lime creek if you go west of 1(Mopac). That roade is very twisty but the road conditions can very depending on how much quary work is going on. Look at Google maps of 2222 follow it until you see lime creek.
i was out there yesterday. at the beginning of lime creek from volente there is a sign "hidden driveways next 1 mile." i was thinking no problem, but when i get there i realize that most of these driveways are gravel and have a decent amount of traffic so some of it gets dragged into the street

well i'm coming out of a turn, only leaned over a little bit, but enough to feel it, and i go through a patch of gravel and slide about a foot to the left at about 60 mph. talk about an adrenaline rush!

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Not quite sure, all I know is that Austin is huge. I'll find out around which area I'll be when I go this weekend.
austin... huge... :lol:

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
i'm at 9th and Lamar, by the way.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Yea you gotto be careful out there.........some of those turns can grab you by the booboo
every ridden City Park Rd? it's on the way to lime creek from 2222/360. it's not nearly as long as lime creek, but i like the corners better.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Leave out of Austin and go west on 290. Go to Fredericksburg, Stonewall, etc. Awesome run if you have the time.

1 - 20 of 175 Posts