Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have had this log in for a while now but never got around to introducing myself. So here it goes. I'm from Australia, Kawasaki MAD... started off on a ZX7R between 2002 - 2005 got it while I was on my P's, test rode the 2004 ZX10R and needed to get one ASAP, though that was put on hold as two little people arrived......thats alright two more Kawka fans in the making but it meant I hadn't had a bike for a few years. I bought my 2004 ZX10R mid last year fitted with a Muzzy stainless pipe. Once it was home I fitted a power commander and a K&N air filter to it. The bike lasted all of about two and a half to three weeks when a knob of the 4 wheeled variety pulled out in front of me on the way to work resulting in my bike being written off:sad::sad::sad:. Since I have sourced a 2005 ZX10R which was crashed, only minor, and I have built one bike out of the two.:smile::smile::smile:. Here is a before, crashed and After shots of the bike. The fairings are from E-bay, they're what you would expect for the price, a couple of minor imperfections but I am very happy with the finished result. I am thinking of fitting a Race Fit Growler pipe and some rearsets to it. The headlight has been fitted now and the bike is complete and ready for rego.

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
It's been a long time since I logged in but Welcome!
I'm glad to hear you're alright, I'm in Chicago home of the worst drivers (well quite possibly 2nd after LA) so I know of these clowns you speak of. I like what you've done with the bike thus far.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
hi mate where about in aus are you from
im fvrom melb

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcome fellas, I'm from Canberra. I actually flew down and bought the bike from Melbourne then rode it back.

I am planning on building a track bike with all the parts left over. All I need is the wheels, frame, dash and race glass. The missus doesn't like the idea of me taking this bike on a race track. Probably the safest place to ride.:lol:

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
fark how was the ride home? hope it wasnt raining lol

take it to the track mate

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The ride home...in June...Wet, Cold, arm pump, sore wrists, back, legs, ALL of the above. LOL. I can tell you now, all worth it to be back on a bike and a 10 at that.

I recon I’ll be taking it out to a track ASAP. A lot of my old riding buddies are tract converted now. We used to run havoc at the local twisties just out of town but with two boys and the recent experience, the tracks it.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
lol fark that mate you are keen as hell congrates on the buy and if you ever come to mel look me up

·
Registered
829 Posts
Hi all, I have had this log in for a while now but never got around to introducing myself.
Welcome aboard mate, I'm from Sinny :smile: Get ye to Eastern Creek ASAP, and you definitely won't regret it !

Cheers,
Brian

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
welcome to the forum man, we have a few from oz here:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
242 Posts
:welcome:
WELCOME from NMUSA!

·