Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey thought i post some Pics up, some history first, had my Hyosung GT650R on my L's & P's for 3.5 Years sold it for $500 less than what i bought it for and got my mates Zx10's for a real good price.

Current mods on the ZX are

Full Yoshi R77 system, PC3 with Custom Map, Benelli bar end mirrors, Puig Dark Tinted Screen, Mirror blanks, Shift-I, Pazzo shorties, Fender eliminator, Indicators in Parkers Mod,Single seat cowl, Tank protector,Radiator protector etc

Note: I know the mirrors will be hated by some and liked by others but they work and are something different, thanks for ya time.

First off the Z

Mirror blanks from circuit1 racing (shit photo)

Shift-i

Mates 05 and mine

Some photos of rides with me mates

Mates new RSV4 $$$

And my old Hyo

The exhaust i polished and modified carbon shorty

That will do for now :mrgreen:

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
That is what i call upgrade lol

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
That is what i call upgrade lol
:+1: The 10R with a full system/PC is a mega power increase. Night and day no doubt, enjoy:thumbsup:.
The Hyosung is actually alot of bike for the money. Many manufacturers had to step up their entry 250's because of their intro to the scene.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:+1: The 10R with a full system/PC is a mega power increase. Night and day no doubt, enjoy:thumbsup:.
The Hyosung is actually alot of bike for the money. Many manufacturers had to step up their entry 250's because of their intro to the scene.
To be honest the Hyo was a great bike for all the awesomeness of the zx10 the Hyo still turned more heads due to it being a V-twin and that pipe had bugger all baffle, but yes great value for money bike for a learner or p plater because you can unrestrict them to 80hp.

But yeah the Z is in a TOTALLY different league and yes the Full Yoshi and PC3 Net some more full throttle power but it was the slight throttle and mid range that picked up heaps.

Just wondering i have been looking alot on the Net and various forums but without much Proof or Data.
Stock Filter vs BMC or K&N before and after with custom maps on a zx10 08 does anyone have any before and afters? 40% 60% & 80% Throttle graph differences? Obviously more air+fuel= power Or does the stock kawa filter flow more than enough?

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
To be honest the Hyo was a great bike for all the awesomeness of the zx10 the Hyo still turned more heads due to it being a V-twin and that pipe had bugger all baffle, but yes great value for money bike for a learner or p plater because you can unrestrict them to 80hp.

But yeah the Z is in a TOTALLY different league and yes the Full Yoshi and PC3 Net some more full throttle power but it was the slight throttle and mid range that picked up heaps.

Just wondering i have been looking alot on the Net and various forums but without much Proof or Data.
Stock Filter vs BMC or K&N before and after with custom maps on a zx10 08 does anyone have any before and afters? 40% 60% & 80% Throttle graph differences? Obviously more air+fuel= power Or does the stock kawa filter flow more than enough?
The K&N standard filter is close to stock flow. BMC has a street and a Race spec filter. The race spec is what many use because it has shown gains. Very few aftermarket filters show a decent gain..BMC race,. pipercross and even the UNI race filter(foam) all flow better than stock. K&N just came out with a "race spec" filter which has less pleats/ribs which they say allows more air flow. Maybe somebody that has tried the NEW K&N will speak up. As far as graphs, I didn't do my tuning dyno runs with the stock filter, just the aftermarket.

·
Chairman of the Board
15,998 Posts
Nice bikes you and your mates have there. The Hyo actually looks like a decent bike for the money. Congrats on the 10!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The K&N standard filter is close to stock flow. BMC has a street and a Race spec filter. The race spec is what many use because it has shown gains. Very few aftermarket filters show a decent gain..BMC race,. pipercross and even the UNI race filter(foam) all flow better than stock. K&N just came out with a "race spec" filter which has less pleats/ribs which they say allows more air flow. Maybe somebody that has tried the NEW K&N will speak up. As far as graphs, I didn't do my tuning dyno runs with the stock filter, just the aftermarket.
Interesting i may have to get one and do my own before and after testing on my local dyno, another interesting thing is the increased flow & thus less dirt catching of the Race versions I've read lots of random reports of decreased engine life (which makes sense) i gotta remember this is a street bike so i may be in the rain and dirt roads every now and then. Thanks for the feedback neverendingmods

Congrats. Bike looks very nice.
I think it scrubs up alright

Nice bikes you and your mates have there. The Hyo actually looks like a decent bike for the money. Congrats on the 10!
Hyo was great value for money really enjoyable bike but its got nothing on the Zx :)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
Nice bike and pics bro...

Someone had an air flow test with all the filters and the BMC showed the most air flow.

Not sure of the long term effects but info on the BMC has been consistent in that it flows the most air.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts