Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a heads up folks, just in case.

A friend of mine recently got a fast growing forum virus from his BMW (car) Racing forums. Apparently this is happening allot all over the net. See below.

"My car forum got hacked and someone loaded up a zero-day virus. The virus will constantly turn your volume all the way down, minimize a full-screen application and then launch several stealth Internet Explorer processes (and others) and play audio advertisements constantly. Anti virus didn't pick up anything. At the recommendation of another user I ran SpyBot under the Guest account on my XP machine and it seemed to have cleared it up as when I logged back into my normal account it was no longer happening. However, when I finally rebooted it was bricked, couldn't even get into safe mode. Ran the repair after booting from the XP cd and still no boot. Had to reformat without a chance to get any of my data off. FML.

The best part is, I finally reformat and re-install XP. I go download SP3, install it and reboot, then go for the next round of updates from Microsoft. In their infinite wisdom (and in my hurry of not looking at the details of every of the 81 f&%king updates still needed after SP3) Microsoft let me download the upgrade to IE8, along with security patches for IE6, as well as a new driver for the Ethernet bridge and installed them all at once and COMPLETELY f&%ked up my networking, NO chance of getting back out to the net even after downgrading back to IE6 and reinstalling the drivers from the motherboard CD. WAY TO FUCKING GO MICROSOFT. I'm buying Win7 after work today, FML.

So if you magically hear audio ads playing on your comp and are having the volume go to zero constantly, move off your important files ASAP because you may not be able to get back at all after your next reboot. First virus ever that's truly forced me to reformat. Mother fuckers. No virus/malware warnings or anything when I got it, not even a hiccup on the system. Just straight up f&%ked."

Be careful peeps! Thanks for your attention!

·
I'm here WAY too much..
1,998 Posts
you can do that and give steve jobs a reach around at the same time??? Talent :badteeth:

:crackup:

Thanks for the heads up :eek:ccasion1

Hahaha.. as of yet, he hasn't asked me for one.. But if it got me a piece of his trillions of dollars, he can have one..

You can buy a LOT of therapy with that money..

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Hahaha.. as of yet, he hasn't asked me for one.. But if it got me a piece of his trillions of dollars, he can have one..

:spit: good one.

·
Of course you are faster
2,062 Posts
you can do that and give steve jobs a reach around at the same time??? Talent :badteeth:

:crackup:

Thanks for the heads up :eek:ccasion1

"Best ... Simpson's ... EVER!"

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
hahahahah thats awesome! lol

I'm actually just starting to mess with Mac's only because the g/f just got a pac book pro, bullshark actually helped me out with some mac stuff......

I for one dont like mac's we have a nice G5 here at work with dual quad cores.... I'll take my rig at home over it any day of the week though. :-D

·
Banned
2,838 Posts

shit!......for his $$ I'd be buying mouth wash! mothefucker would have to pay me $200,000 to STOP sucking his dick!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts