Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
I was just at the Attack website and saw their pdf instructions. I completely noticed the drilling part and that my friend is a deal breaker for me but what I am going to get is their right side case guard. I already have a Woodcraft piece on my left side and have been waiting for Attack to make a right side case guard. Right now they only have the left side. I got a reply back from them and was told that they should have the right side case guard on Friday. I noticed these case guards while reading an article in RoadRacingWorld on the Jeremy Toye ZX10R and saw them on his bike. I will keep you posted.

·
T Double D
870 Posts
i love parts from attack i have a lot of faith in there stuff im fixing to buy there tripple clamp for my bike

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
If I keep my 08 I would be interested in this... rear wheel change=pain in the ass.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
I would be curious what your unique problem is.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
I would be curious what your unique problem is.
Won't work with Champs chain adjusters?:dontknow:

I am confident in the quality of the Attack parts as well, but the drilling and tapping is gonna turn alot of guys off. I had to drill and tap a couple of holes for brake hose mounts in mine, and I can tell you the thin aluminum only lends itself to only a couple of threads once tapped. Hopefully the screws are more of a positioning thing and will not be required to be load bearing. I am interested in pics and review of these parts, the pics and info on their site is not that great.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Have had this on my 1st gen with 3rd gen swingarm and no issues with lifting the bike or doing work on it. Will tell you this there is nothing captive about it but it does aid in making tire changes easier as you have a a ledge on the inside of the swingarm for the spacers to roll across and the brake caliper is not captive either.
a nice little mod, but as 9R to 10R wont work with chain adjusters IF you keep the lift portion of the attack stuff.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Bought just the caliper support from another member. I decided not to install it because I wasnt too fond of the drilling swingarm setup. Also, the instructions it came with were very vague in regards to hole location and no pictures and since i only had the support alone i decided against installing.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
MM (thanks for the compliment) i do understand the rear lift thing and how it puts the lift way back there, was not a hug fan of this but it works, i much prefer the way my attack lifts work on my 05/06 zx6r,just behind the spools and not in the way of anything.
Also the drilling portion of the inside blots, though that was kinda a shit spot being the amount of aluminum is nto what i would consider to be a built up.

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,562 Posts
Here are pics of the Champs setup on my 04 10.

NICE! I did a search and found exactly what I was looking for!
I wasn't sure if champs adjusters could get the lifts mounted to them!
I think this is my next mod, gold adjusters with the lifts!
Do you like this setup better than the spools?
Is it any harder to take the rear wheel off or anything?

·
Registered
829 Posts
MM, as an aside I heartily applaud your choice of reading matter ; at least in terms of what's available here, as far as I'm concerned the only bike magazine really worth reading is Performance Bikes - I haven't missed an issue since 1991, and eagerly await it each month.

Best wishes from Oz,
Brian

·
Registered
764 Posts
NICE! I did a search and found exactly what I was looking for!
I wasn't sure if champs adjusters could get the lifts mounted to them!
I think this is my next mod, gold adjusters with the lifts!
Do you like this setup better than the spools?
Is it any harder to take the rear wheel off or anything?
So far, I like using the lifters versus the spools. I find it easier for me to get the rear of the bike up. I haven't had much time using the lifters versus the spools so I can't comment on how much easier it would be to pull the rear wheel off. But based on my past experience with having the bike up on the spools, I can guess it would be easier along with having more room to work on the bike. I only recently converted over to the lifters despite having the lifters installed for quite some time. I recently acquired another Pitbull rear stand and was able to set it up for lifter duty.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
MM, could you post pics of how the lifts/captive spacers mount? I'm trying to figure out just how exactly they hold the spacers in place...

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
These do not hold any spacers in so you know, if you have aftermarket wheels that do you can easily use these to slide/roll the wheel on the lip.
thought i posted some epics clearly showing it.

Hey MM, the lips alone make it worth it if you do have your wheel off, especially if you are doing track days or swapping wheels out all the time.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Thats what I was thinking...I figured the spacers rested on the lips, but kind of pointless if the spacers will just pop out of the rim...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts