Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Attack triples with "4" offset (26 degrees) and at full left it rubs the hardline to the brake junction under the lower triple. Has anyone replaced the ABS pump hardline, and with what?

Thanks in advance,

petere

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
So Peter have you still got oem brake lines?Im guessing not if you have a/m triple clamp!I have removed oem abs lines from the pump to the front and all the junction points!to remove these fittings especially trying to crack the hard lines into all oem junctions can be testing!you have to use pipe spanners(C spanner)and even then the head of the hard pipes can round very easily!I had to use multi grips on one nut in the end so DONT try a open end spanner or dramas will occur!if you disconnect brake lines from the abs pump and leave all wiring as then you will not throw a F1 fault!tbh it's a pia removing the lines so try and remove the M6 junction bolt that hits and see if you can either swing it round a little or maybe cable tye it out of the way!just be care moving the hard alloy oem lines that you don't crimp them.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
And sorry I replaced with Spiegler a/m brake lines by-passing my abs system!theres plenty of company's that supply non abs gen4 lines and I think Spiegler and Galfer do the gen4 abs!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Peter,

I still have the oem brake lines and want to keep the ABS functional as I have ABS on my daily driver bike (71,300 miles on CBR600RR C-ABS) and am used to it. I have another hard line on the way and will probably have a local firm fabricate a replacement.

peter83

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Peter check out Galfer lines they are for abs and utilize the oem hard lines and use manifolds to connect there a/m lines to under the triples!Spiegler abs replace every line to the abs unit!every line on the gen4 abs oem system is incredibly tight at every solid alloy hose to rubber so do NOT attemp UNLESS you use 2 pipe spanners and even then its a struggle!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Attack for some reason does not provide steering stops on their triples. We have used hard rubber stops attached to the frame to keep things from getting crushed. Helps in a crash big time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts