Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first 200m ride with the Attack rearsets and to my delight they are sweet! [smilie=1: The pegs are in the exact position as the OEM units and the precision of the shift lever is superior to the stockers by far.

O, the look ain't bad either. :)

BD

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,544 Posts
Big Daddy said:
My first 200m ride with the Attack rearsets and to my delight they are sweet! [smilie=1: The pegs are in the exact position as the OEM units and the precision of the shift lever is superior to the stockers by far.

BD[/quote]

how much of a difference can you get going from stock settings on this rear set?? like can you go a 1" back and up?? or more????

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Vonstallin said:
Big Daddy said:

BD[/quote]

how much of a difference can you get going from stock settings on this rear set?? like can you go a 1" back and up?? or more????
They are multi adjustable for both and yes 1" is doable. Check out this thread and when you view the very 1st pic take note of the position they are mounted to the base brkt, this setup will position the pegs exactly where the OEM's are located.

http://zx-10r.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1675

BD

·
Registered
377 Posts
I am waiting for my Attacks to be delivered. Question is what position by holes in the mounting plate equals stock position? I can't see the picture.

Also, for those of ya who have them, how tall are you and where to you have them set at? Where do you racers have them at? Just curious.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
hard not to love em.
im 6'1 and mine are at (top bolt) 1st from top and 2nd from rear for street ridin. i think the rearsets are my fav mod. theyre just dead sexy.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
If they are positioned just like the OEM ones, what's the reason to spend $$$ to get rearsets? Maybe gear changes are a tad bit smoother but is it worth the difference? Just curious cause I always thought rearsets are for trackracers to change riding position or to have ground clearance :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Hattori Hanzo said:
If they are positioned just like the OEM ones, what's the reason to spend $$$ to get rearsets? Maybe gear changes are a tad bit smoother but is it worth the difference? Just curious cause I always thought rearsets are for trackracers to change riding position or to have ground clearance :dontknow:
If you weigh 200 pounds or more (or ride stand-up wheelies), then you're running the risk of overloading the stock pegs. I replaced my rear sets more as a piece of mind... and extra bling never hurts :lol:

·
Registered
377 Posts
Didn't say I was going to put them at the stock location, just wanted to know as a reference point. In the end, they will be at wherever I feel comfortable.

Just look at your stock rearsets and how weak and flimsy they are. Levers suck and they break off in a crash. There are many benefits to aftermarket rearsets. To many for me to mention right now.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
circusnuts said:
If you weigh 200 pounds or more (or ride stand-up wheelies), then you're running the risk of overloading the stock pegs. I replaced my rear sets more as a piece of mind... and extra bling never hurts :lol:
FWIW, I personally wouldn't recommend moving to a real stainless line around the same time you swap the rear sets.

I did and it really took some time before I stopped locking the rear wheel during hard breaking.

·
Registered
377 Posts
circusnuts said:
FWIW, I personally wouldn't recommend moving to a real stainless line around the same time you swap the rear sets.

I did and it really took some time before I stopped locking the rear wheel during hard breaking.

Understand, thanks for the advice. Probably better leverage with the attacks. Actually, only have the gaf sbks on the front....left the rear line stock. Don't really use the rear to the point where I needed to have ss there anyway.

Can anyone answer my original question? I know BD started this thread years ago.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
I'm around 5'11" and mine are either up and back 1 from standard or up 2 and back 1. Can't remember for sure. :dontknow:

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
05Ti10 said:
I am waiting for my Attacks to be delivered. Question is what position by holes in the mounting plate equals stock position? I can't see the picture.

Also, for those of ya who have them, how tall are you and where to you have them set at? Where do you racers have them at? Just curious.
As delivered my Attacks had the foot pegs positioned exactly as the OEM pegs which was like the 1st pic of the brake assem then i repositioned them to be as far back & down as possible in the 2nd pic to suit me.

BD

Attachments

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Hattori Hanzo said:
They look really good, if i ever need one these would be it i think. They look bronze in the first pic, silver in the second.
Thats From his regular camera

1 - 20 of 23 Posts