Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
The goldish hue of the Attacks don't match any other OEM parts on the 10, however they are a nice compliment to the bike since being surrounded by a black chassis.

BD

Attachments

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
What is the price if we need a longer pegs? I understand that the current ones is not long enough....

:dontknow:

·
Registered
525 Posts
I wondered about the peg length as well. I almost bought the Attack last year but then went with Sato. Now I am buying another Sato rearset and almost went with Attack again due to price. But again read about the nubs you have to rest your feet on, so for the extra $20-$40 went back to Sato.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
As delivered the Attack pegs are short when compared to OEM! BUT they can be adjust outward without issues.........mine are extended 7mm.

BD

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the rearsets only come in a hard anodized color. the same color BD has. you will need to order a new pressure switch as well. the stocker wont work. the goodridge switches run $20.

·
Registered
318 Posts
someone please explain to me WHY I NEED TO CHANGE MY OEM's.

I dont get it.

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
ninjazx10r said:

I dont get it.
well if you don't get it you don't need to change them. Aftermarket rearsets offer adjustability for your height and preference. Moving the pegs forward,back,up or down as you like as well as creating smoother shifts and better grip for your boots and shorter pegs which is better when leaning over. And.... because they look better than stock. :idea:

·
Registered
318 Posts
zx10ragentorange said:
if ya don't care about any of the above than don't get im

Not nice........ so heres my responce, to your responce, to my honest question :thefinger

Thanks a bunch.

and.......... They do not look better.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
ninjazx10r said:

I dont get it.
Bikes are made to fit some magic average person. Adjustable rearsets allow you to adjust the foot pegs to a more cutsom position.

They also help to protect the bike during a crash more than OEM pegs will.

They also often have better construction that allows for a better, more positive, more fluid shift action. Some even allow you to switch to GP(reverse pattern) shifting. Attack rearsets are allready setup for quickshifters as well.

AND....they look better. Attack rearsets might not be the prettiest, but those who know, know Attack rearsets ;)

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
ninjazx10r said:
Not nice........ so heres my responce, to your responce, to my honest question :thefinger

Thanks a bunch.

I dont think Agent was trying to be a turd by his answer. Maybe, but I dont think so....It does kinda sound like that, but IMO, it was sincere.

·
Registered
318 Posts
hillcountry10r said:
I dont think Agent was trying to be a turd by his answer. Maybe, but I dont think so....It does kinda sound like that, but IMO, it was sincere.

OK...ill run with that.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Im definately in.Also ive heard of these stock pegs breaking off when pullin wheelies :eyecrazy: cant imagine that happening on the freeway.You'll never snap these bad boys of these rearsets.Theyre supposed to be made out of some real strong stuff.Ive seen Attacks survive some nasty crashes on R1s and suzys.

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
sorry to get you going ninja10r. I was just trying to point out some good reasons why aftermarket rearsets are better than stock. And how do they not look better?

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
ninjazx10r said:

Thanks a bunch.

sorry if this upset you but I don't see what was wrong with this response, just saying if you can't tell the difference then don't waste your money on them.:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts