Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
Haha, it is an awesome deal.
They always seel their bikes on the end of the year, if i had the money i would buy their DSB bike.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
The motor sure sounds stock ish. The american Suzuki bikes come very close to stock motor as well once the are sold.

The rest of the kit would be amazing, and the bike setup and geometry would be spot on. But it would be perfect for someone that can qualify on the AMA grid and not your average street rider looking to go do some trackdays.

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
Yeah, they said before they tried the race cams and couldnt get much more power out of them, and they were a lot harder on the top end of the motor.

Im pretty sure it is blue printed, with head work and gasket.

And for 26k i dont think any average trackday guy is buying it.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Yeah, they said before they tried the race cams and couldnt get much more power out of them, and they were a lot harder on the top end of the motor.

Im pretty sure it is blue printed, with head work and gasket.

And for 26k i dont think any average trackday guy is buying it.
I have pitted beside guys with $250,000 motorhomes and a trailer full of bikes. He was just doing trackdays. It never ceases to amaze me at home much money some people have.

And I too have heard about the extra wear on the cam buckets from the race cams. I'll let everyone know after this race season.

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
One day i will have enough money for that.

Thats good for them.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,059 Posts
I have pitted beside guys with $250,000 motorhomes and a trailer full of bikes. He was just doing trackdays. It never ceases to amaze me at home much money some people have.

And I too have heard about the extra wear on the cam buckets from the race cams. I'll let everyone know after this race season.
Why couldnt I be rich instead of so good looking! :lol: Cant say if I had all that money I wouldnt do the same thing. Endless track days, riding schools and races to attend. What a life!

·
Registered
177 Posts
26k for whooped on track bike.....stock motor, ugraded suspension and brakes, 2200$ pipe.......wtf else justifies 26k?????
:dontknow:

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
26k for whooped on track bike.....stock motor, ugraded suspension and brakes, 2200$ pipe.......wtf else justifies 26k?????
:dontknow:
Price out some parts there.
The shock
The cartridges
The kit ecu with cables
Kit bearings
Triple clamp
Brembo rotors
Brembo Calipers
Brembo Billet MC

It ads up

Would pretty nice to be friends with Attack too.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Price out some parts there.
The shock
The cartridges
The kit ecu with cables
Kit bearings
Triple clamp
Brembo rotors
Brembo Calipers
Brembo Billet MC

It ads up

Would pretty nice to be friends with Attack too.
Ok, I took your advice and added up the price of those items listed and i came up with about 11k including the price of the wheels. Taking into consideration its a used and abused 2011 zx-10 (kbb about $9200 clean) race bike.......ummmm $26,000,:headshake not hardly???

·
Crash Test Dummy
820 Posts
ok, i took your advice and added up the price of those items listed and i came up with about 11k including the price of the wheels. Taking into consideration its a used and abused 2011 zx-10 (kbb about $9200 clean) race bike.......ummmm $26,000,:headshake not hardly???
:+2:

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
Ok, I took your advice and added up the price of those items listed and i came up with about 11k including the price of the wheels. Taking into consideration its a used and abused 2011 zx-10 (kbb about $9200 clean) race bike.......ummmm $26,000,:headshake not hardly???

IM only doing this because im on break and have time.

Leo Vince Corsa $1900
Race ECU with all the cables $1600
Rearsets $400
Tripleclamp $800
Ohlins shock $1100
Ohlins cartridges $1200
Marchesini wheels $1500 for aluminum or $3800 for magnesium
Brembo monoblocks $3000
Brembo rotors $700
Brembo billet MC either $700 or $2500 depending on the model

That is leaving quite a bit of stuff off, and also leaving labor off.
It is at least $12900 and up to $17000 depending on the wheels and MC

I understand they can get those parts for cheaper than we can, but that doesnt mean they have to sell them cheaper to us.

About then engine being stock, the parts inside are stock, but im sure it was opened port and polished, blue printed, cams degreed and what not.
They didnt just put a stock motor there and went to race AMA SBK.

I personally wouldnt pay that for the bike, but i think it is fair price, last year they had the green bike that JD Beach rode for them for sale for about the same price, and it did sell. :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
581 Posts
And don't forget all the $100 - $250 parts. They add up quickly, trust me, I've got the receipts from my own superstock build which has much less parts. Brake lines, quickshifter, clutch, engine case guards, chain/sprockets, lift mounts, throttle, etc. Then there is the race bodywork, paint & prep, hardware, windscreen. I'm also sure they left a lot of minor stuff out of the listing as well that goes into building any race bike.

And include an engine build for around $2000-$3500. It uses a lot of stock parts, but it's far from a stock engine. That engine has been taken apart, set to more exact tolerances, ported and milled head, bearings replaced, etc.

It's no crazy deal, but it's a professionally built superbike with only 1 season on it and I guarantee you couldn't build a copy for under $26k. If you wanted to enter into the AMA Superbike series next year, this bike would be an excellent starting point, but only a tiny drop in the bucket compared to what you'll be paying your team, tires, fuel, transportation, & entry fees.

It would be overkill for a trackday rider or even a club racer, but it might be an interesting piece for it's historical value of actually being a Pro race-bike I guess.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hmm...Mine should be ALL IN race bike, Gen 4 Motor w/ 400 miles and I built a bike around it. Frame and all, piece by piece.
Short of the Brakes, Wheels, tripple clamp and bearings. Mine will end up being the same bike for 12k all in.
That includes the new ohlins electric shock, 30mm. kit, Kit ecu, kit harness, bazzaz quickshifter, clip ons, rear sets, brake lines, etc.
Granted I work for a KMC Dealer but I wouldnt say its worth 26k unless you really cant source a decent deal on any parts at all...

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
Well, I dont know what knda of dealer pricing you can get.

But 12k is what you pay for just the bike, stock.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I know, I bought the motor, 2500. new frame 1200, sub frame and swingarm (used) 240. kit harness- 150, kit ecu- 700- front end (forks, tripple,brakes all.) 800, bodywork, 475, etc.
the picture of the bike on stands was when i was total of $5800.00 so far including the kit parts. I'm a gas tank and header away from running it.

Also I am not knocking on this bike. I WANT IT. Just seams spendy!

·
Registered
177 Posts
I know, I bought the motor, 2500. new frame 1200, sub frame and swingarm (used) 240. kit harness- 150, kit ecu- 700- front end (forks, tripple,brakes all.) 800, bodywork, 475, etc.
the picture of the bike on stands was when i was total of $5800.00 so far including the kit parts. I'm a gas tank and header away from running it.

Also I am not knocking on this bike. I WANT IT. Just seams spendy!

:+2: also its used and it more than likely spent 90% of its life above 10,000rpm. N0, brand new I couldn't duplicate it for 26k, but I'm not gonna pay 26k for a used race bike!

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
Lol that doesn't make any sense.
I can buy a crashed one for 5k and fix it up for 7k, does that mean a used 2011 it is worth 7k too?

And id rather buy a bike that has been raced by a competent team that a bike that been owned by a first time owner.
Race bikes get a lot more maintenance than road bikes, and usually by much better mechanics. I doubt you will have any problems with that bike, i could bet Attack would make some sort of warranty for it if you needed.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts