Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased the GiPro ATRE and speedohealer. I am going to be replacing my sprockets with AFAM along with a DID 520ERV3 chain. Just wondering what you guys think: with the addition of the ATRE is there a need for a +2 rear sprocket? Basically what I am asking is will the +2 make the bike difficult to handle when used with the ATRE? I am definitely going -1 with the front sprocket.

·
Registered
145 Posts
what type of performance you trying to get...i have -1 +2 AND VERY HAPPY WITH THAT plenty of accel...i dont need a tre

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
what type of performance you trying to get...i have -1 +2 AND VERY HAPPY WITH THAT plenty of accel...i dont need a tre
:+1:
I have the -1 / +2 combo also, and the GiPro Atre fitted as well. Honestly i never noticed much difference with the GiPro, I suspect it did make for a smoother on / off throttle transitions.
The acceleration with the gearing changes is awesome, will put a big grin on your face for sure. Also fit a quick throttle for additional adrenaline rush. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
681 Posts
I have seen people talk about 1/5 throttle (quick throttle?).But cant seem to be able to find it. I see one in the how to section. Where do i buy this thing?

·
Registered
113 Posts
i got e -1fr n +2rear.the pull is krazy.....i love this combo man.....hv used e 525 chain wif afam sprocs........

·
Registered
145 Posts
:+1:
I have the -1 / +2 combo also, and the GiPro Atre fitted as well. Honestly i never noticed much difference with the GiPro, I suspect it did make for a smoother on / off throttle transitions.
The acceleration with the gearing changes is awesome, will put a big grin on your face for sure. Also fit a quick throttle for additional adrenaline rush. :thumbsup:
im thinkin to put a 1/5 throttle on my bike i hear is the best bang for the buck.... is it user friendly for every day riding? or only for the track

·
Registered
310 Posts
I am happy with the results with the 1/5th for street riding. You cant grab a handfull like normal but it is definately controllable. I actually find it easier to ride aggressive because my wirst isnt cranked at higher rpms. Power wheelies are easier for sure. Only negative I was kinda dissapointed in the finish of the actual product, but I am a perfectionist when it comes to my bike. I ended up smoothing out the machining marks on the plastic clip before installing. It would have been fine and none can see it, but I am a freak. Overall it is worth $25 dollars not having to mess around making your own and rifleman was very nice to deal with.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts