Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our italian buddies have got the slip on and full systems ready for the ZX10R.
On their site (www.arrow.it) there is a dyno chart
Standard bike: some 155 DIN PS at the wheel
the slip has some 4-5 PS extra
full sytem 10 PS extra
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
akra is busy developing a system, I remember reading that the standard bike made 158 PS on their dyno

btw Arrow also supplies the exhausts for the Bertocchi ZX10R and for the Ten Kate CBR1000RR
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
155 Posts
I think it works because the theroy is sound enough....smooth bends equal better flow etc, etc.... Hey honda's new RR has them stock this year on their headers... so its gotta work!

Also, the pipe should be lighter too, with less wields...Yea i know not much but everything counts in small amounts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34,537 Posts
Yea no doubt it'll be lighter for sure and as you say Joe the theory is sound, ijust don't know if this is something new or has it been around without us mere squids knowing about it?

BD
 

·
I really need to get out of the house
Joined
·
11,176 Posts
Big Daddy said:
Yea no doubt it'll be lighter for sure and as you say Joe the theory is sound, ijust don't know if this is something new or has it been around without us mere squids knowing about it?

BD
I always assumed that the way Micron made such a big whoop about it that they invented the system. Seems like it was the 2000-2001 season. I was in the market for a system back then.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34,537 Posts
What Micron did was the 'serpent' header deal which is part of the equation, but what i'm refering to is the 'Hydro-forming' that Akra is advertising, which is to say the use of water under high pressure to form the header pipes for smoother exhaust flow! is it a new technique or has it been in exhistance for a few years??

BD
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Big Daddy said:
What Micron did was the 'serpentine' header deal which is part of the equation, but what i'm refering to is the 'Hydro-forming' that Akra is advertising, which is to say the use of water under high pressure to form the header pipes for smoother exhaust flow! is it a new technique or has it been in exhistance for a few years??

BD
the technique is not new, I remember Harley (of all :twisted: ) mentioned they are also using it to build the frames for the Vrod :wink:
 

·
I really need to get out of the house
Joined
·
11,176 Posts
Big Daddy said:
What Micron did was the 'serpentine' header deal which is part of the equation, but what i'm refering to is the 'Hydro-forming' that Akra is advertising, which is to say the use of water under high pressure to form the header pipes for smoother exhaust flow! is it a new technique or has it been in exhistance for a few years??

BD
Thats actually what I was talking about, if you look up the serpent system on their website they brag about the use of water to form their pipes. I didn't make that very clear. :oops:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
I don't understand how you get a flattened pipe from the use of water in the forming process. Are they pushing high pressure water down the inside of the pipe? The outside? If either, how does it get the flattened shape?

Are you sure this is not some marketing gimmick to steer clear of a patent suit by Micron?

I remember we were all laughing at the Micron headers when they originally came out. Who knew?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
155 Posts
Scott_in_FL said:
I don't understand how you get a flattened pipe from the use of water in the forming process. Are they pushing high pressure water down the inside of the pipe? The outside? If either, how does it get the flattened shape?

Are you sure this is not some marketing gimmick to steer clear of a patent suit by Micron?

I remember we were all laughing at the Micron headers when they originally came out. Who knew?
you could read little bout it here
http://www.akrapovic-exhaust.com/main/productnews/product-news.htm

I think they use really high pressure water to mold the headers and so forth from the out side....

I first read about this technology around 99 so its kinda new, but I like it, something new that makes sense.... but on akra website they say its best used for experianced riders on track conditions, something alone those lines.... i have to agree smoother gas flows means better thottle responce, and we know thats important under race conditions.

I'll be dammed if I club race a open classer at the above conditions.... you got to be pretty experianced to do that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
burgerkin said:
Our italian buddies have got the slip on and full systems ready for the ZX10R.
On their site (www.arrow.it) there is a dyno chart
Standard bike: some 155 DIN PS at the wheel
the slip has some 4-5 PS extra
full sytem 10 PS extra
163hp at the rear :!: :!: without fueling changes, probably get another 3 to 5 with a good map......
They show 156ps (153hp) for the gixxer with the full system, sounds about right doesn't it?
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top