Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just won a set of Arrow rearsets from an English shop on ebay for 200 pounds (which works out to be less than 50% of what I could get them for over here in Australia). It stated the postage to urope would be 25 pounds so I assumed it would be around 40 pounds to Oz.

I get an email from ebay this morning saying the shipping is 120 pounds!!! I've sent the shop an email asking them to confirm this is the correct shipping prices because I checked the Royal Mail website and airmail will only cost 44 pounds. I don't see it's my problem they would have lost money, they didn't put a reserve on the item so too bad. Maybe they thought they'd be able to recoup some of their losses from an idiot who doesn't think 120 pounds is extremely excessive. Not this little black duck!

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
120 GBP is fuckin' nuts! They're definitely trying to take you for a ride. For it to cost that much they'd have to train a dolphin to swim there and strap the rearsets to it's back!

·
Accountant in training.
2,847 Posts
Afterburner said:
120 GBP is fuckin' nuts! They're definitely trying to take you for a ride. For it to cost that much they'd have to train a dolphin to swim there and strap the rearsets to it's back!

...so long and thanks for all the fish. :lol:

Chris

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'd go double check the auction details. Many ebay sellers are selling items really cheap and charging extravagent shipping to make up the difference.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1kdoubler,
I re-checked the aution details and it only lists England and Europe prices for shipping. Before the auction had finished I sent an email to them asking whether they would post to Oz if I won and they said no problem. I should have asked what the shipping would be then, but didn't even think it would be anymore than about 40 pounds. If I find out they're trying to rip me off (which looks pretty obvious) then I'll be letting ebay know about it.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
1kdoubler said:
I'd go double check the auction details. Many ebay sellers are selling items really cheap and charging extravagent shipping to make up the difference.

that's exactly what some do. If I don't see a shipping price listed I make it a point to email the seller prior to bidding for a shipping quote on the item. If you don't that usually what happens... which is sad.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've already organised through a mate at work who has family over in the UK to send the rearsets there, then I'll ask them to post it out to me. At least that way the seller won't be getting 120 pounds of my hard earned money, now they'll be getting less than 10 pounds for shipping.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
yea i was going to suggest shipping them somewhere in the UK/Europe first, to a friend or somethin..and then having that person send them to AUS.... i spent 5 months in melbourne and my parents sent over a couple care packages and they were surprised how inexpensive it was to send something 6,000miles away...so good job not gettin totally screwed with ur deal

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
05ZixxR,
Thanks man. I can't believe they thought someone would be happy to pay that much for shipping. Maybe if the rearsets got their own seat in business class, then I would think it was fair...

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
My understanding is that ebay charges a service fee on the actual sale but nothing on the shipping charges. I hvae seen several people do this. Save them money in service charges but they make up the rest and then some on shipping.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
And they already knew that I lived in Oz so that if I won they'd just say that the shipping costs were so high and hope I wouldn't make a big fuss about it. Well screw em, I'll get them to post to England and they can have 10 pounds in postage. Won't be dealing with those guys again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts