Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone want's to meet in Eureka Springs Arkansas the 17th through the 19 for some great riding?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I'm in Memphis. Whats going on there?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's just some of the nicest roads in the US that I know of. The roads are in great shape and plenty of twisty, sweepers and great small towns to ride through. Check out motorcycleroads.us and see for your self.

I don't have a group, just heading down for a long weekend.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Eureka is very biker friendly and has some cheep rooms. I got mine for $59. Weather looks great and not a busy weekend, which is good.

·
Caedite Eos Novit Enim Do
2,461 Posts
ya awsome riding, we were just down there tho and the roads were shit, lots of chuck holes, big cracks in the pavement, missing chunks of asphalt, chip & seal etc etc. we usually go several times a year but i dont think we are going back cuz the actual road conditions sucked so bad.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ya awsome riding, we were just down there tho and the roads were shit, lots of chuck holes, big cracks in the pavement, missing chunks of asphalt, chip & seal etc etc. we usually go several times a year but i dont think we are going back cuz the actual road conditions sucked so bad.
Wow, which roads did you ride that sucked?

They can't be any worse then Missouri roads.

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
Group of 10 of us heading to AR this evening. Usually base out of Clarksville but staying in Fayetteville this time. Great roads in AR. Don't where the crap roads were found. All the roads we ride are near perfect.

JJD- Hit my your email addy via PM, I'll send you a PDF of our route map. Gar-un-tee you'll love the roads.

·
2,461 Posts
Group of 10 of us heading to AR this evening. Usually base out of Clarksville but staying in Fayetteville this time. Great roads in AR. Don't where the crap roads were found. All the roads we ride are near perfect.

JJD- Hit my your email addy via PM, I'll send you a PDF of our route map. Gar-un-tee you'll love the roads.
the only good truely good one was hwy 123. 23s was bad, esp the pig trail portion, it was in terrible cond this year, alot of the surfaces were chip & sealed too, we dont like scrafing it up on that shit.

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
alot of the surfaces were chip & sealed too, we dont like scrafing it up on that shit.

The roads around us are nothing but chip seal. Anything is an improvement. :badteeth:

I haven't been up since March myself but my buds haven't given any neg reports since then. From memory 123 wasn't the best of surfaces in the area. I do love the realy tight sections though. better than the Dragon IMO. ..not as repetitive.. :cool:

usual route: from clarksville: 23; 16; 123; 235; 14; up and back on 341; 263; 74; 27; 16; 123; 164;

we run it different ways. sometimes making a figure eight out of the loop crossing where 123 and 16 are the same road. I'm never dissappointed. :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
a couple of friend and I ride talahena every year. Last time I rode it the roads were fine. For a quick run going to stigler is a fun ride too. It has a tight section and then the second half is sweepers with elevation changes.

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
Had a great ride this weekend. There were a lot more instances of gravel in apexes and pot holes on a few of the roads, but overall great roads.

push mtn pics: http://www.dotphoto.com/GuestViewAlbum.asp?AID=5906141

The yellow bimmer on pg 1 and everyone on the 2nd page was with us. I was cooked. This was 300 miles into our ride that ended up being well over 500 miles. It was bit on the hot/humid side but not too bad from a *******' pov. ;)

·
2,461 Posts
cool man, glad it went good. we ran into the same thing back in may, lots of gravel in the turns which is odd. iv been going 2-3 times a year since 1995 and the roads always were in good shape, must be an off year:dontknow:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts