Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
People chime in please!

Looking at possibly moving to Tucson, AZ where my sister lives. Other than a TINY 3/8 mile dirt track in Tucson and Southwestern International Raceway 1/4 mile - what other tracks are near by?

Tucson Raceway Park - how long is that track? Is it a nice facility?

Tucson Greyhound Park - does it have a poker room?

Are there any road courses within a few hours? If so, what track, who runs track days there, etc???

I'm just looking for any and all sorts of racing. Cars or bikes I just love motorsports. :thumbsup:

Also, whats the going rate of Diamondback or Cardinals tickets? I know I can look online, but in this area the going rate is ALOT different than the advertised price.

Basically just looking for the do's, don'ts, ins, and outs of the Tucson, Pheonix area! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
143 Posts
yep

i live in tucson and also ride "hit me up if you do move we can ride together"
As far as the tiny track that is a go cart track we cant ride our bikes on it. it is owned by musslemans honda and they do have 50cc races on it.
The tucson raceway park tack is a standard 1/4 mile track i have'nt been to it much but its an out door 1/4 mile track and they have races quite often.
Here are some of the advantages to tucson. We pretty much can ride Year round. Some of the best rides about town are Mt lemon "aka catalina hwy" also there is a good ride out to globe az from tucson and also gates pass, arivaca. We have alot of sweet rides close to home, also year round riding weather.
Also alot of the sport bike riders have a thursday night bike meet at mamas pizza on speedway pretty much every thursday.
and again if you do move let me know im always down to ride.
Reuben

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i live in tucson and also ride "hit me up if you do move we can ride together"
As far as the tiny track that is a go cart track we cant ride our bikes on it. it is owned by musslemans honda and they do have 50cc races on it.
The tucson raceway park tack is a standard 1/4 mile track i have'nt been to it much but its an out door 1/4 mile track and they have races quite often.
Here are some of the advantages to tucson. We pretty much can ride Year round. Some of the best rides about town are Mt lemon "aka catalina hwy" also there is a good ride out to globe az from tucson and also gates pass, arivaca. We have alot of sweet rides close to home, also year round riding weather.
Also alot of the sport bike riders have a thursday night bike meet at mamas pizza on speedway pretty much every thursday.
and again if you do move let me know im always down to ride.
Reuben
Cool, thanks! Any idea if the Greyhound Track has a poker room?

I'm in Florida right now and we can pretty much ride year around as well. November-January can be nippy some nights, but nothing an extra layer or 2 can't fix.

Are the rides over there canyon twisty type roads? Florida is flat and ALL the roads around here are flat and straight.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just looked up some of those roads - they look like a BLAST! We have NOTHING like that here in Florida! Time to look up AZ bike laws and cost of living!

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
people talk about the gap. we have the devil highway which is longer and almost three times more curves then the gap. you start in desert and end up at 9000 feet. to tell you the truth. we don't really have any good tracks here in az. we do have a lot of good place to ride.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts