Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Nothing in her backpack to help with that situation. She should have read the map a little closer and headed south.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Far worse would happen if she went south of the border illegally. The hyprocracy is amazing.
:+2:

You're SO right about that one. As a US Citizen it's nearly 5 times harder to get citizenship to Mexico than it is for a Mexican citizen to get US citizenship.

I mean here we offer all the tests (even the driving test) in Spanish. I'll have you know that they DO NOT offer tests or anything like that in English when you try and get Mexican citizenship.

The hypocrisy here is indeed amazing.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Funny how that double standard exists, isn't it?

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
'bout time they caught that little bitch.

·
Registered
114 Posts
it about time. live here and see it first hand. Then you be glad we have this new law.
:+2:

I think they need to open a new shooting range, it should be free and it should be about a hundred miles wide, anything that moves downrange is a target!:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
410 Posts
I read this article today http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2010-07-26-mexicoarizona26_ST_N.htm?csp=34news&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+usatoday-NewsTopStories+(News+-+Top+Stories)&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher

Here is a quote, which I think sums the whole thing up nicely....

"Arizona's law makes it a state crime to be in the country illegally"

Are you effing kidding me? I think I threw up a little bit when I read that sentence. We needed a law, that makes it a crime, to be an "illegal" alien? WTF part of "ILLEGAL" doesn't anybody understand?!?!

I don't understand, even for a second, what the fuss is about. Basically we made a redundant law, that says we're going to enforce the laws that have been on the books for decades. So why is this even an issue?

I say good for AZ for doing what the Feds have been too timid or incompetent to do. Who knows if this law will actually change anything or not. We don't enforce the existing laws so I'm not sure why we would enforce this new one, but I guess it's a start.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
I read this article today http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2010-07-26-mexicoarizona26_ST_N.htm?csp=34news&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+usatoday-NewsTopStories+(News+-+Top+Stories)&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher

Are you effing kidding me? I think I threw up a little bit when I read that sentence. We needed a law, that makes it a crime, to be an "illegal" alien? WTF part of "ILLEGAL" doesn't anybody understand?!?!

I don't understand, even for a second, what the fuss is about. Basically we made a redundant law, that says we're going to enforce the laws that have been on the books for decades. So why is this even an issue?

I say good for AZ for doing what the Feds have been too timid or incompetent to do. Who knows if this law will actually change anything or not. We don't enforce the existing laws so I'm not sure why we would enforce this new one, but I guess it's a start.
+1.

A law to enforce the law that isn't enforced. giggity

·
Registered
390 Posts
:thumbsup:

Chubbs, I couldn't have said it better myself - I'm so encouraged that people are informed and not buying the pablum propaganda coming from the mainstream media -its good to see American's that still have their heads on right.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Oh this place is full of dirty mexicant's. They want us to change the laws here but don't want anything to do with there Beloved Mexico. That place is so full of BS it is crazy. Look at what a great job they did building that dump. Now if we change the laws here it will end up just like that shit rat trap.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts

+1 buddy, well said! Ice (formerly INS) has never done their job of departing for the past 3 decades (yes, I'm old), unless the guy's a serious felon who escaped from a max security prison and went on a murderous rampage. Imagine what would happen if you went south and committed a felony.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I live and work here both with legals and illegals. I have felt for a long time that they should focus on the people hiring them. I understand that resources are limited, so why focus on the "little fish". I don't think that they should turn a blind eye, but they should go after the ones hiring them, and hit them HARD!!

I for one am tired of seeing a chain gang of illegals that have been arrested during a raid, and you don't see some manager/human resources or whomever, in handcuffs alongside them. I think if you see a few shirts and ties in handcuffs the probability of people taking the chance to hire an illegal will drastically decrease.

I kind of equate it to the corner drug dealers vs. the drug suppliers. Of course the cops do their job and arrest the petty guy on the corner, but they want the best bang for the buck so they go for the big fish,,,,same with illegals.

I know that this new law has stirred up lots of controversy, but I think that it's a good thing. At least now the issue cannot be put on the back burner as easily as it has been since Reagan gave them all amnesty in the 80's. The agreement then was to secure the borders, legalize all the illegals currently in the states, and then enforce the law. Well,,,one part of that was done, and here we are!!

I don't mind that people want a better life for their family,,that is a universal goal. But when you go for it illegally, you take the risk,,and should accept the risk.

It will be interesting how this all shakes out.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I'm still so confused about the 'politicians' that take an OATH to support the constitution and LAWS of the United States of America and still fail to do so....and what part of 'breaking a federal law' are they missing? geez... even the so-called President is missing the point....

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
If Reagan was still here I think he'd have to break down and say something like, "Well, Nancy, that amnesty thing just didn't work the way I planned it."

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
All you have to do is look at Miami to see where the country is headed.

Sorry but I think it's too late unless we really grow some balls and take a stand.

Corporations don't care how illegal someone is, they want to sell them stuff thus spanish is now a second language and we see advertising in spanish all over, even gets into commercials during English speaking TV shows.

The Catholic church loves latin illegals because they tend to be Catholic and give money and numbers to the church to push their agendas.

Finally, there are enough legal latins here already to sway our political system or at least derail it. How long have we been dealing with Cuba? Kennedy would have almost certainly ended the whole Cuban sanctions thing if he had lived, it's mostly Miami/ Versailles* Cubans that keep that going. And then the other Cubans fight with them saying the embargo should be lifted.

Meanwhile, a supposedly free people are prohibited by our own government from visiting Cuba though the rest of the world can.

It's the meeting place for when they think Castro has died again and they bang pots and pans and party in the streets bringing the city to a stand still and preventing emergency services from being able to get around due to the mob and traffic.

The latin united nations so to speak. It's not two miles from here and it really gets on my nerves if you couldn't tell.

I forget, maybe you can remind me.

You are here illegally and think you have the right to be here illegally so why should I think that you will follow our other laws and be a good citizen? And even if you would, you are still here illegally and there are many people trying to get here while following the rules. And they don't try to force us to speak French, German, Italian, Portuguese or any other language that they bring with them.

Only the latins have been ballsy enough to demand that. They don't even want to assimilate.

My next door neighbor is Cuban and he hates cubans and what they have done here.

Obviously they aren't all bad, what I really care about is those who are illegal and act like they did nothing wrong and those who won't even try to assimilate. Old folks are the exception on speaking English. I don't expect an old person to learn, all I really ask of anyone is to make the effort.

If you make the effort to speak English, I'll try to meet you half way with my broken Spanish.

If you start with, "Do you speak Spanish?" or assume that I do or should then it's not going to go smoothly.

I can't tell you how many times in my life I've had people, even friends, ask me, "how can you live in Miami and not speak Spanish?"

Easy, it's still the United States. I love to tell them to go try asking that in Alabama or someplace. But in time they will be able to.

*Versailles Restaurant is that place you see on the news when ever they are discussing latins in politics. You will see politicians visiting/pandering there for every big election including Presidential.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Versailles_restaurant

·
Registered
653 Posts
:+1:
i'm still so confused about the 'politicians' that take an oath to support the constitution and laws of the united states of america and still fail to do so....and what part of 'breaking a federal law' are they missing? Geez... Even the so-called president is missing the point....

1 - 20 of 27 Posts