Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
are there any hangout spots in the mesa,phx,or tempe area the only thing i know of out here is the scottsdale pavillions and ive been there tooooo many times its old we need a new spot let me know guys thanks !!!!

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
maybe this section will get ya some action.........:mrgreen: surely ladyblem will show up.

BD

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Hot spots? Hrm... Arivaca (south of Tucson) is a pretty wild ride. Mt. Lemmon (Tucson) is a blast, but heavily patrolled after 830am. Highway 191 north from Morency, all the way to Alpine) is quite possibly the most evil road I've ever been on (think Deals Gap, but 100 miles long with no safety net). Tortilla Flats up by AJ was pretty cool the last time I went (a few years ago). Kit Peak could be a really awesome ride if they fix the pavement.... last time I went (again, a year or two ago) it was all jacked up I haven't been up north of Phoenix on the bike yet, so I can't tell you much more than that.

Firebird raceway is right there next to you, and Demning has an awesome track (new Mexico... a bit of a drive, but worth it..... people from Flagstaff make the trip to go there as opposed to Phoenix)

Beyond those, you have to pretty much pick up a good set of maps and go exploring. the Southeast quarter of the state really has the best potential for stuff like that. Way down south here (Sierra Vista) there are a few entertaining roads, but nothing worth riding from phoenix to sample. Most the stuff around here is very scenic but not very twisty.

Cheers :beer:

EDIT: I totally wrote all that thinking about RIDING spots. If you're looking for "hang out" spots I'm not your best source, heh.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea ive heard of a few crazy spots like those but im into riding on or close to cliffs im trying to find hang outs like bike nights and things like that

1 - 5 of 5 Posts